PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Extension Question

Meliath1742
April 9th, 2018, 13:28
So, I'm trying to replace the standard Savage Worlds sidebar buttons with ones I created for my Star Wars game. I'm using a Star Wars theme extension created by Kevin Doswell which was a modified version of the Modern theme if I'm reading correctly. Anyways, I was unsure of where to add the script for these new buttons, so I added them to the Sidebar script that was already present using the existing image names for the new ones. The first button (Library) worked so I figured I was doing it correctly. But the next button (Items) didn't pop up after I installed it. I'm not a scripting person...just a copy/paste hack. What am I missing that would allow one button to work, but not the next? I've verified the name is correct between the script and the image. See the attached pics.2292222923

shadzar
April 9th, 2018, 13:46
well the first picture is XML, not a LUA script....

if the ruleset doesnt have the buttons in the theme, they won't show up.

you will have to add them via the window stuff like is used to position things in a character sheet.

the best thing would be look in the SW graphics_XXX.xml and find which buttons it has, and you will b able to change all of those quickly jsut by chaning the images. but it SW doesn't have this "item chest" button, then there is nothing for the theme to to do since SW doesn't have that button built into it.

Meliath1742
April 9th, 2018, 14:00
Thanks shadzar. XML/LUE...see, told you I wasn't a scripter! :) I was wondering about the "itemchest" name...had never seen it before in SW extension. SW does have "items" but not called itemchest as far as I remember. Will look around.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2018, 14:06
Look at the <icon> references in the Savage Worlds XML. A little info on the <icon> reference here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/icon.xcp

Take the XML from the base ruleset. Don't change the name=... part of the <icon> reference. This is what theruleset will use to refer to the graphic. Just change the filename to point at your new graphic, or change the filename to match that of the original XML <icon> specification.

Meliath1742
April 9th, 2018, 14:31
Thanks Trenloe, will do!

Meliath1742
April 9th, 2018, 20:27
I ended up adding everything to the Star Wars theme sidebar XML. But I think it'll work! Thanks all!22928

Meliath1742
April 9th, 2018, 22:16
Next question. I'm trying to replace the Dice Tower icon with an image of R2D2. I found the original tower image in CoreRPG and the XML line for it. I copied the XML line into the star wars theme and added the R2D2 image with the same name (dicetower_icon.png). But, the new image doesn't show up. What am I missing?

Trenloe
April 9th, 2018, 22:39
Does the old image show up with the old settings?

Open the console - are there any warning in there?

Do you have the tower enabled and GM rolls showing (not hidden) in the campaign options? This is when the tower will appear on the GMs desktop.

Meliath1742
April 10th, 2018, 01:34
Does the old image show up with the old settings?

Open the console - are there any warning in there?

Do you have the tower enabled and GM rolls showing (not hidden) in the campaign options? This is when the tower will appear on the GMs desktop.

The Tower is on and visible on my desktop (its been turned on all along). There are no errors in the console. I've verified the spelling between the XML and the image several times. I performed a little experiment by changing the name on the original image in the CoreRPG ruleset and then brought up FG. The old tower was still there. Officially confused.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2018, 01:48
There are two different dice tower images - once is the dicetower icon dicetower_icon that is use in the chat window to show a roll in the tower. And there is the dicetower frames: dicetower_normal and dicetower_drop. Which one are you changing?

Meliath1742
April 10th, 2018, 02:05
Aha! That's it then, I'm changing the dicetower_icon...the wrong one! Although I suppose I'll need to change them all anyways. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow. Thanks Trenloe ��

Meliath1742
April 12th, 2018, 20:00
All done! Thanks Trenloe.2296622967