PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I am doing something wrong or...

shartahl
April 7th, 2018, 16:38
The Starfinder official rules set that I purchased seems rather empty. I was bought it thinking I could transition off the modded version of PFRPG I am using and moving to the official one and using the adventure paths that are pregenerated instead of building them from scratch. I started getting ready to transcribe the characters from the old game to the new SFRPG I made and everything related to characters is missing. No feats, Races, Skills, classes, spells, themes, or proficiency. Am I not clicking a resource right or are these character related option missing? Also, the PC starship feature is only useful in the most basic terms, like tracking AC/HP/Shields. Feel like I bought a ruleset, but never got the full product.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2018, 17:10
...everything related to characters is missing. No feats, Races, Skills, classes, spells, themes, or proficiency.
Sounds like you haven't activated the Core Rules module?

Rulesets themselves don't contain data, you need to activate the relevant library modules to get data in your campaign. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

Also, the PC starship feature is only useful in the most basic terms, like tracking AC/HP/Shields. Feel like I bought a ruleset, but never got the full product.
Starship combat will come later. The ruleset was released without this functionality initially as everyone was clamoring for it to be released - Starship combat will come soon with the ruleset you've already purchased.

shartahl
April 8th, 2018, 00:27
I have Starfinder Core Rulebook loaded in the modules section. Still no races or classes, or really anything related to PC generation. The items are populated, as are tables from core rules and everything from the first three adventure path modules. For instance, when I open starship items, I see items referenced from the Starfinder Core Rules module. When I open classes, no items are listed. When I try to make a class, I get "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referenceclass : class.id-00001)"

Trenloe
April 8th, 2018, 00:35
I've just tested and the races etc. are there for me. Please provide a screenshot of your chat window showing the rulesets loaded and their versions. Thanks.

Curaidh
April 8th, 2018, 14:12
I have Starfinder Core Rulebook loaded in the modules section. Still no races or classes, or really anything related to PC generation. The items are populated, as are tables from core rules and everything from the first three adventure path modules. For instance, when I open starship items, I see items referenced from the Starfinder Core Rules module. When I open classes, no items are listed. When I try to make a class, I get "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (referenceclass : class.id-00001)"

Deactivate the Reference Manual window class extension. The error you write sounds kinda familiar to me. In fact, disable ALL extensions you might have carried over from the pathfinder ruleset, most of them don't work with Starfinder from what I've seen.

Samarex
April 10th, 2018, 01:05
The Starfinder official rules set that I purchased seems rather empty. I was bought it thinking I could transition off the modded version of PFRPG I am using and moving to the official one and using the adventure paths that are pregenerated instead of building them from scratch. I started getting ready to transcribe the characters from the old game to the new SFRPG I made and everything related to characters is missing. No feats, Races, Skills, classes, spells, themes, or proficiency. Am I not clicking a resource right or are these character related option missing? Also, the PC starship feature is only useful in the most basic terms, like tracking AC/HP/Shields. Feel like I bought a ruleset, but never got the full product.

If you are using anything from the Starfinder Conversion Ext that was first released, Unfortunately none of that information is compatible with the Official Rule Set.
Characters will have to be remade using the Official Set
Sorry for the inconvenience.

shartahl
April 11th, 2018, 14:15
I found my problem. It was on my end. One of the pfrpg mods was somehow interfering with the sfrpg. Once I corrected that, i was able to recreate all the pc for the adventure. Everything is working well. Sorry for any confusion I caused