PDA

View Full Version : unable to link steam account

brassboundbook
April 6th, 2018, 04:22
I made purchases on Steam, but when I try to use the website to link my Steam account I am getting a cryptic error after my successful Steam login:

I have tried on a couple different browsers now. Any thoughts on what I can do?
I am using this webpage to attempt the link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
April 6th, 2018, 04:32
I just pushed a possible fix for this about 15 minutes ago. Can you try again?

Thanks,
JPG

brassboundbook
April 6th, 2018, 04:34
I certainly got farther! Thanks! Glad to know it was a blip. :)

DMTCSyd
May 11th, 2020, 07:50
Trying to buy Ghosts of Saltmarsh on Steam and I can't because it requires me to buy Fantasy Grounds first. However, I already have a Fantasy Grounds licence and I have followed the procedure to link my accounts as shown in the wiki. Any ideas?

Trenloe
May 11th, 2020, 08:34
Trying to buy Ghosts of Saltmarsh on Steam and I can't because it requires me to buy Fantasy Grounds first. However, I already have a Fantasy Grounds licence and I have followed the procedure to link my accounts as shown in the wiki. Any ideas?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/

DMTCSyd
May 12th, 2020, 08:34
It seems that the problem I'm having is that the only Fantasy Grounds on Steam is FGC and I have FGU. I believe the demo version of FGC doesn't have a product licence, so that won't help me to let Steam know I have the product.

damned
May 12th, 2020, 13:41
It seems that the problem I'm having is that the only Fantasy Grounds on Steam is FGC and I have FGU. I believe the demo version of FGC doesn't have a product licence, so that won't help me to let Steam know I have the product.

That is correct. You will need to either wait till FGU is on Steam or purchase on the FG Store.

DMTCSyd
May 12th, 2020, 14:25
Yeah, I would normally do that but my Paypal isn't working and it looks like all purchases in the FG store have to go through Paypal.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 16:57
Yeah, I would normally do that but my Paypal isn't working and it looks like all purchases in the FG store have to go through Paypal.
Can you checkout as Guest? Just make sure to use the email address associated with your FG forum account.