PDA

View Full Version : Script Error

Gaming_Unplugged
April 6th, 2018, 03:54
Hello all. I'm trying out starfinder on a friend's campaign, and when I roll a d20 it doesn't register in the game and instead gives me this error box:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hvqe1f67fh8o24/Screenshot%202018-04-05%2022.49.22.png?dl=0

What might be causing this?

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2018, 04:18
An extension?

Are any extensions enabled? Can you repeat this with different ways to trigger a d20? Does it repeat in a new character/action or thing that you;ve isolated it to? Does it repeat in a new campaign?

Run through those types of things and then let us know exactly how to reproduce it and we can help isolate the error.

damned
April 6th, 2018, 07:19
Ok so that doesnt look like you are "rolling a d20" can you explain exactly what you is happening?
Is it in Combat?
Did you target with ctrl click or dragging dice onto target?
What weapon are you using etc?

Zeus
April 6th, 2018, 10:25
@Gaming_Unplugged: Can you confirm which NPC this error occurs on as well as the exact steps to recreate the problem, we will then get a fix in place for the next update. Thanks.

ddavison
April 6th, 2018, 15:07
Can you also include a screenshot of the FG desktop at that stage? That may help us pinpoint the error or see if you don't have a PC selected for your user account.

Gaming_Unplugged
April 6th, 2018, 15:17
An extension?

Are any extensions enabled? Can you repeat this with different ways to trigger a d20? Does it repeat in a new character/action or thing that you;ve isolated it to? Does it repeat in a new campaign?

Run through those types of things and then let us know exactly how to reproduce it and we can help isolate the error.

I've not installed any extensions at all. I'm also not hosting the game. So I imagine extensions can't really have an effect.

More to the point, I know it isn't specific to my build because the GM did it using his own character and realized that the error occurred to him as well.

Ok so that doesnt look like you are "rolling a d20" can you explain exactly what you is happening?
Is it in Combat?

Ok. This is the exact replicable error pattern:

Double clicking on the "to hit" button block on the "actions" character sheet allows you to roll a d20.
If the result is a 20 on the die roll, then rather then sending the information to the host client, it pops up this error. I'm still in game, everyone has confirmed this doesn't happen to them.

Is it in Combat?

No. We were just creating characters.
No. I double clicked the weapon "to hit" button.
Longsword I believe. I confirmed the error happened with other weapons though like the "ammo" for my gun and a pistol.

@Gaming_Unplugged: Can you confirm which NPC this error occurs on as well as the exact steps to recreate the problem, we will then get a fix in place for the next update. Thanks.

It wasn't involving an NPC. Honestly, I was just double clicking the weapon's "to hit box" and it works fine until a crit happens.

Can you also include a screenshot of the FG desktop at that stage? That may help us pinpoint the error or see if you don't have a PC selected for your user account.

I can't. Not yet. If/when I can log back into my gm's client, I will be sure to take an screenshot. Until then, I just simply can't. I don't own the Starfinder ruleset.

As far as whether or not I have a PC selected for my user account, this all occurred within my character sheet itself. I had just finished creating my PC.

Trenloe
April 6th, 2018, 16:11
OK, I think we got all the relevant information in the end - it's a PC attack roll and the error occurs when a critical is rolled. Thanks @Gaming_Unplugged

This can be recreated pretty easily using manual rolls. I can confirm getting the error too - but only if there is no target selected for the PC attack.

@Zeus - I think this has been reported before - is it on the list to fix in a later version?

Gaming_Unplugged
April 6th, 2018, 16:24
OK, I think we got all the relevant information in the end - it's a PC attack roll and the error occurs when a critical is rolled. Thanks @Gaming_Unplugged

This can be recreated pretty easily using manual rolls. I can confirm getting the error too - but only if there is no target selected for the PC attack.

@Zeus - I think this has been reported before - is it on the list to fix in a later version?

Awesome. Glad it could be reproduced by you.

Samarex
April 7th, 2018, 01:22
This has been addressed. It should be out with 1.0.7 update.
If you do not have a target selected you will no longer get a script error when rolling a natural 20.

Samarex