PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Monday 12 pm Pacific time 7 pm GTC 5e Storm King's Thunder

EdMurray
April 4th, 2018, 19:56
FG License: GM has Ultimate so players need at least Demo
Game System: 5e D&D Playing Strom Kings Thunder
Time Zone: Pacific Time 12pm GTC time 7pm
Day of week and time: Monday
If new game, planned start date: Start Date April 23
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 Hour Session planned every Monday.
Term: As long as it takes to get through the module
Text or Voice: Voice but there is a place to use text too
Voice software used: Will be using Discord on my server
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 but will watch for what the players enjoy
Number of Players in game & needed: Will take 5 to 6 players have one already
Character starting level & equipment: Will start at 1st level, Standard build equipment
Character restrictions: Prefer to stick to PHB for races, but I have most books. Campaign is great for Barbarian’s and such.
Details of your scenario:

Come join us in the savage Frontier, a cold and harsh land that life has manage to fight and flourish. But what is that loud thundering feet I hear….

Will, be starting the module Storm King’s Thunder. I’m an experience DM been running and playing since around 76, I enjoy all kinds of gaming, reading, writing, and watching movies. FG however is still new to me though I’m quickly learning the many unique ways to play. I don’t know ever rule and live by the one rule to rule them all. If there is a conflict of a rule I make the best call and look it up later and move on, sometimes after playing so long and having seen so many version and rule changes… Anyway, you get my drift. I use Syrincape and music bots to set modes to what I think enhances the game and imagination.

I’m easy going with players if your new to D&D or Fantasy Grounds I’m happy to help you learn. I ask that players try not to talk over each other or hog the show give everyone a chance. If you’re a quiet player you should know I’m going to call on you to get you out of your shell.

Players are free to talk and discuss things on Discord between play.

1. GladysGlitch Playing Paladin
2. Zzclown Playing Priest
3. Satchmo Playing Rogue

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3037

Satchmo
April 5th, 2018, 22:09
Hey I'm interested. Only started playing 5e last year, but played 3.5e and 3e for a long time before that. Just finished up Lost Mines of Phandelver with another group, and I'm interested to see some of the other modules WotC has been putting out. I've been DMing a 3.5 game (Now morphed into Starfinder) in FG for well over a year now, so I know FG pretty well. Timing should be no issue, and I'm open to playing any character class as needed.

EdMurray
April 6th, 2018, 06:29
Great will added you, Now just need a couple more players that will bring us to 3.

rexx
April 6th, 2018, 07:37
I would love to join you. I have extensive experience with both D&D 5e and FG. Would you consider a tortle barbarian :) If not I could run a Half-Orc barbarian or a Wood-Elf Druid.
Regards,
Rexx

EdMurray
April 6th, 2018, 08:54
Don't know if I am ready for a Tortle ((LOL)) I'm not familiar enough with them at the moment and not sure how they would fit but I'm ok with the other two. Will have to think on the Tortle

rexx
April 6th, 2018, 09:04
No worries, Tortle are pretty cool +2 str +1 wis natural armor (The shell) of 17. Can hold it's breath for 1 hour underwater. They can hide in their shells for +4 AC and have advantage on str saves in this form. They have a disadvantage on dex saves in this form. That's basically it. I'll play a Druid if that is more comfortable for you or a barbarian.
Regards,
Rexx

EdMurray
April 6th, 2018, 09:51
After reading it over I'm OK with turtle as a race. I just have to double check that I have that in my race's on FG. I should since I have ToA which I think is where the race comes from.

rexx
April 6th, 2018, 10:01
EdMurray,
Either way I'm happy to play a Wood-Elf Druid or Half-Orc Barbarian or whatever the party needs if you don't have the Tortle in FG. I'm pretty flexible as far as what I play.
Regards,
Rexx

Andrew Bradford
April 7th, 2018, 23:52
Hi there! I am interested in joining, I have a multitude of characters in mind and would be happy discussing it more with you or the other players asap :)

EdMurray
April 8th, 2018, 01:57
hey abradford13 sent you a private message if your joining us that will fill the roaster.

EdMurray
April 8th, 2018, 05:16
awesome looks like we are full now.

GodsEvenNV
April 9th, 2018, 18:00
Hey there super interested if you still have openings Experienced 5e player who loves rping here

Zzclown
April 9th, 2018, 19:29
if you still have room Id love to join a Game thats just starting if you have any questions for me about myself Sand me a message

EdMurray
April 10th, 2018, 21:30
Sorry currently full but if that changes will let you know. We have one that has not checked into discord yet. So hoping that happens soon if not will open a spot

Rhaco
April 18th, 2018, 08:40
Very interested, if you end up this far down the list. I have some experience, but am by no means an expert. Letme know any time and I'll jump right in.

EdMurray
May 29th, 2018, 06:17
We have 2 openings, We have a couple no shows and a some that could not make it do to things in their life. Send me an message if your interested. Please make sure you understand the time and the commitment that this is a long campaign.