PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Pathfinder AP Curse of the Crimson Throne

Rogue
April 4th, 2018, 13:15
Greetings!
PLEASE READ THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!
I am basically back from a long hiatus, and am looking to get back into running games. Curse of the Crimson throne, although made for 3.5 ruleset, was always my favorite to run. So I am trying to find a group to run through it again. The details for said game are as follows. Any questions feel free to contact me. If you do sign up on the calendar page, please contact me to ensure your spot.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: EDT (UTC-4)
Day of week and time: Thursdays at 8 PM EST
If new game, planned start date: April 19th
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly for about four hours a session
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Need 4 to 6
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1
Character restrictions: 25 point buy with no stat under 10 or over 16 BEFORE racial adjustments. Core Races only. Character class must be discussed with me prior to creation. Starting equipment must be purchased. Using medium Experience table.

Details of your scenario: Korvosa, the Jewel of Varisia, has long sparkled on Varisia’s southern shore. Established 300 years ago by Cheliax at the height of that empire’s expansion, the city now commands its own destiny. A line of Korvosan kings and queens emerged to rule the city, establishing an infamous seat power—the Crimson Throne. Rulers have sat upon the Crimson Throne for more than a century, and the city has flourished. Yet the monarchy always seems on the brink of disaster. The Crimson Throne is not a prize to be won—it is a curse. No monarch of Korvosa has died of old age, and none have produced an heir while ruling. Even though King Eodred II controls Korvosa more fully than any previous monarch, that control remains tenuous, and many secretly count the days until their latest king falls to what they call the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2805

JerryRig
April 5th, 2018, 19:16
Count me in!! I have a healer/melee build I will use.

WorstedConch
April 6th, 2018, 01:42
Posting my Interest. I sent you a PM also!.

Plutwo
April 10th, 2018, 07:37
FG License: Full

Time Zone: EST

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any other than Sunday.

Term: Short or Long. I prefer to find a long-term, dedicated group.

Voice: I have used several voicechat programs for years.

Game System Preferred: Any really, as long as the stories are interesting and the group is fun.

Game System Experience: Many years of D&D 3.5 through 5e, Pathfinder, and various Star Wars pen and paper from the d6 all the way to Fantasy Flight Games' pretty dice. I also played a MUD for years called Achaea, a game where, in game terms, speaking out of character was considered insanity. If you openly and repeatedly spewed insanity and ignored warnings from other players long enough, eventually a God (a GM) would turn the offending insane person into a shrubbery. Good times.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: About a year.

Character Type Preferred: I enjoy playing a wide variety of characters and always have backups prepared just in case. I keep a folder full of character ideas and concepts I use as inspiration for NPCs that my players will run across or if I need to pull something out of nowhere on the spot.

About me: 30, male, married, two kids. I feel like a lot of what I would put here is in the "Character Type Preferred" section. I am just a laid back nerd from the Midwest who enjoys hanging out with other like minded people in fantasyland. I am just as at home in the thick of an intense tactical combat as I am roleplaying an evening at a high society gala.

mardaddy
April 13th, 2018, 03:56
Would like to join. Novice to FG, 4yr DM & player with PF, been playing RPG's since 1984. Had only played two online games through Roll20 and Discord; heavy RP (a few sessions saw no combat whatsoever and was still great), we did both games from 1st-6th level. I may be fumbling the first session (or 0-session) getting familiar with the mechanics, but all should be fine after that.

Prefer immersive gameplay (backgrounds, voicing accents, no meta, PC build as the story unfolds, not PC build for mechanics, don't care about optimization.) I am a retired Marine, so I also tend to develop tactical plans in my off hours for the in-game situations. Normally I play a skill-monkey face-type (suits my immersion), but I would like to start melee for a change of pace and see where the story leads me...

Drearsword
April 13th, 2018, 22:50
I am interested. I have discord and a character that would fit nicely into any campain.

Drearsword
April 13th, 2018, 22:56
The character idea I had is a albino Dhampir Gray Paladin with the oath of charity.
He's an extremely optimistic person who isnt very bright.
He doesnt believe in vampires and doesnt know what the words Dhampir or albino mean.

All he wants is to prove that he worthy of the title paladin.

goodmanje
April 25th, 2018, 18:54
Looks like this game is full.

Rogue
April 26th, 2018, 10:21
This game is very full. Thank you all for your interest, I will keep you all in mind if someone drops.