PDA

View Full Version : LFP Homebrew Campaign Setting (Multiple Groups)

Andrew Bradford
April 4th, 2018, 00:24
Introduction

Hello there! I currently run 3 DnD campaign groups a week and I am looking to start up the 4th which is planned to begin this week or next, below you will find a quick list of the games I run with open spots if any.

If a group listing shows as "0 available spots" feel free to add and display your interest to me as the spots may free up as new people test the waters in those groups and we keep the games going.

Tuesday 3:30pm PST (Session 3) // Available Spots: 2-3
Thursday 5:30pm PST (Upcoming Game) // Available Spots: 0
Friday 9:30pm PST (Session 3) // Available Spots: 0
Sunday 9:00pm PST (Session 14) // Available Spots: 0

We are welcoming any players of any experience ranges from the newbie to the veteran to join these campaigns so long as the goal of fun can be met :).

Plans/Expectations

This campaign will be run alongside the series of other weekly groups I run within the same world. A long lasting campaign of weekly play with a constantly evolving story and cast of characters should be expected.

Time will play as a large factor in this campaign world as actions made by the different players and NPCs throughout the campaign world impact the over arching story development.

As the DM of this homebrew campaign, I only wish to see the GROUP having fun. I am fine with players having fun and doing what they want with the sandbox in front of them, so long as they respect the other players fun, as well as respect the world and attempt to see it as a living breathing thing. If a player does not want to dive into the story and be involved in the lore that is fine by me and I have no issues with it so long as a mutual respect and understanding can be made.

Roleplaying v.s. Acting

When playing, express yourself and your character however you like. If you like to talk in character and act out your characters actions, thats great you are free to do so. If you are shy and wish to mostly spectate and provide your characters actions in a third person way, that's great and you are free to do so. Either way works and neither is better than the other, they are just different ways of playing.

The World

The campaigns I run all exist in the homebrew world I and others have built known as Opes'Terra, a constantly changing world of classic fantasy land esq adventures.

The campaign will be very open sandbox, in that story arcs and plot lines will occur via the decisions and actions you make during the campaign.

Homebrew Rules

Ability Scores
3d6 x6 (reroll 1's) than distribute to the stats of your choice

DM Rulings
Rules can and sometimes will be discarded or altered in favor of storytelling and or fun, though this is not an extremely common occurrence, players who wish to play by the book should find a different group.

Magic Items
The Identify spell as well as the PHB rulings of identifying magic items are removed from the game in favor of using the Arcana skill and high level npcs/pcs to identify magic items.

Alternate Resurrection
Alternate Resurrection rules are in place in favor of making character death more meaningful and difficult to return from.

Contact Information

Discord: MOARCOOKIEZ#3023

Colfen
April 4th, 2018, 00:34
I could play in the Thursday spot or Friday spot as needed. Don't mind starting mid game. Will send a request on Discord and say hi.

Aster
April 4th, 2018, 01:10
I could do the Tuesday slots. What level is the start? 1st?

Andrew Bradford
April 4th, 2018, 02:22
Currently the party is 3rd level

Aaron
April 4th, 2018, 03:50
Hi Abradford,

I am interested in joining the new group starting on Thursday. I've sent you a friend request in Discord so we can talk further.

Thanks.

Darkloud
April 4th, 2018, 04:46
Hello! I'd be interested in joining on Friday! Is the campaign 5th edition?

abrooks191
April 4th, 2018, 15:13
Super interested in trying a online game, I could join Tuesdays game? I could add you on discord to talk more about it.

GalacticFruits
April 4th, 2018, 15:43
Hey abradford I am very Interested in your campaign. I can join the Tuesday session, we can talk further on discord if you want.

wsorrentini
April 5th, 2018, 05:40
im interested but your discord does not work