PDA

View Full Version : Starship Studio for Starfinder

Octavious
April 3rd, 2018, 20:56
Hey everyone..

I am in the process of writing a utility for Starfinder starships for FG. Starship Studio will make it much easier to build PC and NPC version starships.. Does all the calcs for you and when finished will export the finished ship into a usable module for import directly into FG. It will also load in a FG starship for modifications etc. Has lots of error checking so you cant put on weapons onto frames not designed for it etc. but you can build custom frames for any custom ship you want to build. Lots more features to discuss but that's for another time.

I wont be releasing it until the team here at FG releases a working version of the starship sections. I need that before I can write the import/export parser class.
I know there are a few online versions of this but they really don't import or export a working starship like Starship Studio will..

I am writing this in C++ with Visual Studio 2010 and it is an executable CDialogClass program.. compiled with static libraries to include all the MSFC essentials needed to run the program so you wont have to go looking for them..

Right now I have not decided if its going to be freeware or not . if not ill have it on the DMGuild for a few bucks is all..

a few more nights of midnight oil and ill have it done with the exception of the import/export part . ill post a few screenies in a few days..

any suggestions or comments welcome.. . Now is the time I can write your suggestions into the code..

ChumSlinger
April 3rd, 2018, 23:01
Looking forward to seeing it!
(by the way, I think DMGuild is only for D&D 5E stuff)

Topdecker
April 7th, 2018, 23:25
Sounds good. I am hoping to have quite a few ship-centric adventures and being able to provide a variety of NPC opponents with relative ease would be nice.

damned
April 8th, 2018, 02:01
You can post on RPGNow for non 5e material.

Octavious
April 8th, 2018, 05:41
hey guys thanks for the support ! Im a bout 1/2 way done with it now .maybe by the end of next week be done.. but it wont have export or import until the FG version of the starhip portion is finished.. I just don't know the XML format of it until I open a finished FG starship module to code a Class for it ..

So what I will do is release a freeware version of it with out the export import .. then when I get the export import finished that will be a pay and ill put it on RPGNow as Damned suggested.. so that's the plan for now .. heres a screen shot .. not much to see ill be working on the computers section next..