PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Log Extension

joeblack1863
April 3rd, 2018, 19:19
First attempt at an extension.

This is just a minor change I did to the Calendar to add some information fields to the log to make it more like a journal. I added the padlock to the GM side so they can set the log to ReadOnly on their side (I know it already shows readonly to the players)

Not really much to it, more an exercise in learning for me, I have found it easier to pick stuff up, if I have an objective. This worked well. I have commented the code heavily (what there is of it), in case it may prove of use to others.

Works alright with 5E, but when I tested against Cthulhu 7th, it complained of a missing subwindow. So I have left it limited to 5E only.

Feel free to change it etc. Hope it is of some use to someone.

JB

jasharen
May 11th, 2018, 22:13
Will this only work for 5e? Or could it work on Pathfinder? :)

Looks great!

madman
May 12th, 2018, 00:25
This looks cool, Thanks for sharing.

I just changed the <ruleset> tag to PFRPG and it seems to be working just fine

Madman..

joeblack1863
May 13th, 2018, 11:49
Thanks for your kind comments, good to see it works with pathfinder!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 14th, 2018, 16:32
Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/calendar_log_entry_lock.lua"]:86: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 14th, 2018, 16:35
This "log" can be expanded to player use?

joeblack1863
May 14th, 2018, 22:23
yako2020,

I checked 5E and could not replicate the error, so I assume you are having this error using Pathfinder. While madman seems to have no problem running it in Pathfinder I got the same error you did when I altered extension to use Pathfinder.

This was why I only released it for 5e originally, but I think I know what is casing the problem and will look try a fix once I get the time this week.

I was not really looking to extend it, as it was more of a "self training" exercise (I just enjoy coding and working things out, not really staying on one thing). Which is also why I heavily commented the code.

However, I will look at player use (although I thought the bottom part of the log was open to players, maybe)

JB

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 14th, 2018, 23:42

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 23:44
Please provide information on what you're doing when you get this error. Just posting this screenshot, or the error line you posted earlier, doesn't really help people work out where the issue is. More info to recreate the issue please!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 15th, 2018, 00:17
I'm simply activating Greyhawk's calendar, so I double-click on any date to generate the Log and then the error happens.
I have no extension at all activated and I am using DnD 5th Edition.
And when I click Add Log Entry the error also occurs.
I think this helps.

joeblack1863
May 15th, 2018, 21:42
Same error message on same line as my pathfinder test. Never used that calendar (haven't worked out how to switch calendar once loaded in a campaign). So, likely (not 100%) that the fix, if it works for pathfinder will also work for this calendar. I may also not be correct and it won't fix it... I'll take a look, when I get the time.

NOTE: If I am honest, I didn't expect anyone to want to use it, just maybe peruse the code, to see my approach... well I guess they are not using it, unless you are @madman or using Forgotten Realms 5e calendar :-)

Trenloe
May 15th, 2018, 22:00
(haven't worked out how to switch calendar once loaded in a campaign)
Reset via the right click menu.

joeblack1863
May 15th, 2018, 22:01
How did I miss that... Cheers Trenloe

joeblack1863
May 15th, 2018, 22:17
Okay,

Quick testing revealed the following. Based on the following set up:

Fully patched FG v3.3.5, NO additional mods. Running 5e ruleset.

1. On an already created campaign, older than the latest version = Forgotten Realms Calendar, Greyhawk Calendar, Golarian calendar all work without error. (I delete all entries, reset, and load new calendar. I have also deleted all entries, reset, unloaded module, closed campaign, then opened and reloaded, still works)

2. Creating a new campaign in v3.3.5, they all fail with the error. So I guess the last update must have changed something in the calendar module or code, that for some reason doesn't effect older campaigns?

mlesnews
August 13th, 2018, 20:10
Quick question joeblack1863 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?50620-joeblack1863);

Would I be able to export calendar LOG entries for use in making a session.mod file in my prep adventure and be able to have that custom calendar with the previous LOG file be a loadable module? Thanks in advance, and happy gaming!