PDA

View Full Version : Any way to synchro two computers for editing and creating a campaign?

Henrique Oliveira Machado
April 3rd, 2018, 14:29
So, i am new to fantasy grounds.

I noticed that if i make changes into the story or anything else on my campaign in my Desktop computer, when i open the campaingn in my notebook the changes would not have saved.

is there a way to get around this, or i have to export and then import the campaingn everytime i make a change?

I translated a whole chapter of an official D&D campaign and only later i noticed that my notebook did not found the campaign nor the changes even though i used the same account.
is there any way to make both Syncro automacally using cloud or something like that?

I obviously prefer using my desktop over my notebook for editing since i have more space and less trouble.

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 14:36
Welcome Henrique

All your data is stored locally on your computer.
You will need to work out a method of copying the data to and from.
Its not advisable to use dropbox/onedrive/etc as a live repository but you can copy manually (or via batch file) to and from those locations.

April 3rd, 2018, 14:42
Guess ill have to do it manually and upload/download from one computer to another, then.
itll probably be easier to just go ahead and do it in the notebook directly.

Roll20 is better in this aspect.

Thanks for the quick answer.

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:02
Guess ill have to do it manually and upload/download from one computer to another, then.
itll probably be easier to just go ahead and do it in the notebook directly.

Roll20 is better in this aspect.

Thanks for the quick answer.

It is and isnt better.
Its more convenient but if the service is offline so is your data.
If something happens to their system your data could be lost or damaged.

April 3rd, 2018, 15:15
It is and isnt better.
Its more convenient but if the service is offline so is your data.
If something happens to their system your data could be lost or damaged.

Fair point.
It could restore to the latest change, tho.
I do not know how this works exactly.

But yeah, the data could become corrupted in the process i guess, just never saw it happening.

on the same point, something could happen to my PC and i could lose all my campaign and there would be no way to restore it.

but i get it.

Nylanfs
April 3rd, 2018, 15:20
There's a thread floating around somewhere that has a batch file that automatically copies your data into a shared location after you exit FG.

April 3rd, 2018, 15:25
Cool, i am still kinda lost on how to find extentions and such tools but i am gonna navigate and try to find it later when i am at home. Thanks.

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:27
Fair point.
It could restore to the latest change, tho.
I do not know how this works exactly.

But yeah, the data could become corrupted in the process i guess, just never saw it happening.

on the same point, something could happen to my PC and i could lose all my campaign and there would be no way to restore it.

but i get it.

You should expect that at some time your PC will lose data or have data corruption or get crypto'd etc.
Backup your FG data along with your photos, spreadsheets etc etc...

There's a thread floating around somewhere that has a batch file that automatically copies your data into a shared location after you exit FG.

Its in this thread. There are also other suggestions in there.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35578-How-to-back-up-AppData-folder-to-OneDrive-automatically

April 4th, 2018, 21:31
You should expect that at some time your PC will lose data or have data corruption or get crypto'd etc.
Backup your FG data along with your photos, spreadsheets etc etc...

Its in this thread. There are also other suggestions in there.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35578-How-to-back-up-AppData-folder-to-OneDrive-automatically

I forgot to thank you, so here i go.

Thanks, dude.

you are always helping