PDA

View Full Version : Possible Image Bug?

Doomskull
April 2nd, 2018, 22:46
I keep getting errors when opening images from many different sources. Not every time but like one error out of 5 or 6 images.

Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/Map-9.jpg)
Runtime Notice: s'Window has opened'
Runtime Notice: s'NodePath:image.img_map_9_jpg@DD Dungeon Masters Guide - Maps'
Runtime Notice: s'Class:imagewindow'

Anyone have an idea?

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2018, 22:49
This looks like you're running an extension. What extensions are you running? Disable your extensions in the campaign one-by-one until you identify which extension causes the issue.

Doomskull
April 2nd, 2018, 22:59
I just restarted and it went away... Would it have anything to do with how long FG has been running? I've had it open working on my campaign for about 7 hours now.

*EDIT: It's back again...checking extensions now.

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2018, 23:09
Maybe close to process size (RAM) limit?

Doomskull
April 2nd, 2018, 23:37
Disabled all extensions and it still happens. Happens with different maps or images from different modules. For example I have a NPC module I made and I get the error with some NPC images but not all, some work and some don't.
I'll try an update, see if that works.

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2018, 23:47
Look at Windows Task Manager when you are running FG. How much memory is FantasyGrounds.exe using?

The map for the error you posted in post #1 is a very large map (actually larger than recommended) and if you're already using a lot of memory, opening large maps can cause unexpected behaviour

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2018, 23:53
For example I have a NPC module I made and I get the error with some NPC images but not all, some work and some don't.
Is it always the same images? If so, what is the image resolution?

How did you make the module? If you exported from a campaign, go to that campaign and see if the problem images open OK in the campaign you used to create the module.

Doomskull
April 3rd, 2018, 00:03
Checking for update didn't work but i din't think it would seeing as how it's up to date. Extensions were not it and the modules this error happens on range from the official DMG to modules created with PAR5E, NPC Engineer and campaign modules I exported. The images seem fine in the modules I exported from campaign. My RAM usage never goes over 35%.
So it's a mystery to me. I'll just work around it I guess until the next update which might fix it.
Thanks for the assistance though, that's one of the many reasons I love FG! The community is great and everyone is so helpful.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 00:08
My RAM usage never goes over 35%.
How much actual memory is the FantasyGrounds.exe process using? This is very important as FG is a 32-bit application and so have limited memory available - it doesn't matter what the total free memory on your computer is.

Doomskull
April 3rd, 2018, 03:25
Well, with FG running and a few other programs along with multiple windows opened in FG, I'm at 53% total memory usage and FG is using 32-35%. I have 16GB memory @ 2133MHz.
Is this an issue because it never was before?

JohnD
April 3rd, 2018, 03:53
How much ram is FG using. The actual amount not a percentage of whatever you have.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 04:23
Yes, please give actual memory use of FantasyGrounds.exe not percentage.

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 04:25
32% of 16gb is too much.
You will need to close some of the modules that you have open.
More than 3.2-3.5GB and you will experience some issues.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 04:27
Is this an issue because it never was before?
It’s always been an issue. You just probably haven’t been using as many resources before.

Look at the memory use for FantasyGrounds.exe and if it’s above 3GB close some of the modules you have open, reduce image resolution of your own images, reduce the number of tokens in your tokens folder.

Doomskull
April 3rd, 2018, 13:41
I just opened my main campaign, all the modules I use and a whole crap ton of windows and maps, just to see how far the memory usage bumped up. The max I can get is 2.5GB.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 13:52
I just opened my main campaign, all the modules I use and a whole crap ton of windows and maps, just to see how far the memory usage bumped up. The max I can get is 2.5GB.
And do you get the errors when FG is showing 2.5GB? FG memory use can rise and fall - look at the memory use right when the error occurs. If so, is it always the same image/s that cause it?

Doomskull
April 3rd, 2018, 14:38
Seems like it's different images at different times. I'm gonna go with the memory being the issue and try and keep it down by closing the modules I am not currently using, seems to be the best option!

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2018, 15:35
Seems like it's different images at different times. I'm gonna go with the memory being the issue ...
If it's different images at different times then memory is the most likely cause.