PDA

View Full Version : Syrinscape and Call of Cthulhu License

Gwydion
March 30th, 2018, 14:12
Morning, all. This is my first post on the Call of Cthulhu forum! In case you all didn't know, I thought I'd post that Syrinscape just announced a partnership with Call of Cthulhu so they should come out with sounds for it at some point. You can read more about it here:

https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/new-licence-call-of-cthulhu/3233

Trenloe
March 30th, 2018, 16:33
This is cool.

The Sci-Fi Syrinscape already has a bunch of soundsets aimed at horror role-playing - the names are very similar to Lovecraft place names or are straight out of Cthulhu mythos stories, so Syrinscape definitely already has Call of Cthulhu appropriate soundsets. More will be welcome!

zaeriak
August 10th, 2018, 20:41
I need some help.. I am trying to use Fantasy Grounds for CoC 7th,, I have added and activated the two .EXT for the intergration of Sound for Syrinscape, but the sound folder does not appear. I have under options turned on sound, but the Sound folder does not appear..

I know I am missing something..

Gwydion
August 10th, 2018, 21:01
Welcome to the forum zaeriak! Do you mean that the button on the right hand side of your fantasy grounds doesn't appear? If so, click on the "library" button and then in the window that pops up you should see sounds. Click on the circle for it to show up on the right side of your screen. Also keep in mind the DOE extension add the ability to integrate but you will need to create the links yourself or purchase the DOE soundlink library which you can get here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/249159/DOM-SoundlinkLibrary-Module--August-2018

zaeriak
August 10th, 2018, 21:10
Thanks so much Gwydion.. That was awesome and me feeling simple.. hehe..

I am sure this should be somewhere else, but I have now created a new sound, named it, copied in the Sound Strip and clicked the green plus to create the purple icon. I locked and then went to sounds.. when I click nothing happens.. I have Syrinscape open..

Gwydion
August 10th, 2018, 21:38
No problem! Ok, you happened to catch syrinscape in-between releases. The current version of their download player on their website is 1.3.7-20180730. Unfortunately the new version of the player temporarily broke their third party integration including the DOE: Sound extension. However, if you want to test it, you can go to the download page (link below), click on the blue wording that says "previous version" and you will see links to the older versions show up. Download the 1.3.3-20160816 version and give it a go. That one should work for you until they fix the latest version which should happen very soon!

https://syrinscape.com/download/

Gwydion
August 10th, 2018, 21:41
Oh... and if you are interested, I did a youtube video a while ago to show you how to create chatsounds with the DOE extension. My video is for d&d 5e, but it might be helfpul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQJzMimNgSU&t=243s

zaeriak
August 10th, 2018, 21:43
Oh **Dances the happy Dance!!***

Thanks so much,, I am head out from here, but will watch that when I get home..

Thanks so much.. Really Appreciate you...

zaeriak
October 14th, 2018, 13:37
Was wondering.. Have they updated Syrinscape yet? or do I need to continue to use the older version??

dulux-oz
October 14th, 2018, 13:53
Was wondering.. Have they updated Syrinscape yet? or do I need to continue to use the older version??

Yes, the current version of Syrinscape (v1.3.7-20180815) has had the 3PI-functionality fixed.

zaeriak
October 14th, 2018, 20:35
Well,, I just downloaded the new Syrinscape, and nothing happens when I hit the buttons,, ugh

zaeriak
October 14th, 2018, 20:42
Just to make sure,, Will the Sci Fi Syrinscape work with FG,, or does it have to be fantasy?

zaeriak
October 14th, 2018, 20:56
Ok,,, I downloaded the older version and started over,, it is still not working,, so it is either that Sci fi does not work,, or something is wrong,, I am following him step by step in the video.. and it just is not working..

Trenloe
October 14th, 2018, 21:02
...and it just is not working..
A bit more info please so we can try to help. At which point is it "not working", please describe exactly where you've got to and what you've done.

zaeriak
October 14th, 2018, 21:02
Ok,, This is strange.. If I drag the sound down to the Chat Window it works, if I drag it in to the Notes, it works.. but I cannot activate the sound from the Sound window as the guy is showing.. I Love that I can place it in places to play a sound, but I want to be able to use sounds from the Sound window,,, What could be wrong.. Help please..

zaeriak
October 16th, 2018, 03:43
A bit more info please so we can try to help. At which point is it "not working", please describe exactly where you've got to and what you've done.

Ok,, This is strange.. If I drag the sound down to the Chat Window it works, if I drag it in to the Notes, it works.. but I cannot activate the sound from the Sound window as the guy is showing.. I Love that I can place it in places to play a sound, but I want to be able to use sounds from the Sound window,,, What could be wrong.. Help please..