PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: Starfinder Long Term Campaign (UTC +1)

Allmight
March 28th, 2018, 20:27
GM’s FG License: Ultimate (players only require demo version)
Game System: Starfinder
Style: Roleplay, Tactical combat, no metagaming.
Campaign: Homebrew or Adventure path.
GM: Been playing and GM'ing many systems, but mostly D&D, Pathfinder. Recently back from a long absense from RPG's.
Games can be any day during the weeks, but sugestion is on Saturdays (biweekly) or Sundays weekly. I am UTC +1, but any timezones are welcome.
Text or voice: Voice via Discord
I plan to use Syrinscape for sounds, and other sound tools for ambience.
Length: 4 - 8 hour sessions, based on requests from players.
My GM Style: I like to roleplay NPC's, use voices and accents, and weave a good story and generally have fun together. RP: 30%, Story: 30%, Combat: 40%. (Rough estimates).
Character requirements: Will discuss this with the players, but a balanced roster is prefered. Non evil characters will probably be enforced unless there is a really good reason not to.

I consider this campaign to be newbie friendly, both in regards to Starfinder and Fantasy Grounds. After all, i have not GM'ed in over 10 years, so i am very much rusty myself.

No age requirement is set other than that you can behave in a mature way during sessions. I am 51 years of age myself, with the child inside me still intact ;)

Only reply if you are certain you can commit to a long term campaign.

davidbofinger
March 29th, 2018, 22:20
I would be interested in trying Starfinder. But I'm in GMT+10, I suspect that will be hard. [email protected]

SammyWest
March 30th, 2018, 03:36
I'm interested, but im est and am only available nights.

Allmight
March 30th, 2018, 09:38
I would be interested in trying Starfinder. But I'm in GMT+10, I suspect that will be hard. [email protected]

Yes, that might be a problem, unless you're a nightowl :)

Allmight
March 30th, 2018, 09:43
I'm interested, but im est and am only available nights.

Sweet, will add you to my preliminary list of players. Btw, by nights, what does that entail? PM, AM?

SammyWest
March 30th, 2018, 20:02
From 5pm to around 9 pm est usually.

davidbofinger
March 30th, 2018, 23:55

This works for me if it's Monday/Wednesday/Friday night, but not if it's Tuesday/Thursday.

Allmight
March 31st, 2018, 11:11

Okay. Well, that will be a broplem unfortinitly. That's in the middle of the night here. I am aiming to run somewhere between 2 PM - 9 PM UTC (8 AM - 3 PM EST).

kananesgi
April 9th, 2018, 00:12
Are you still looking for players? I'm in CST (GMT +5 or +6, depending on DST). If you're playing on Saturdays, 7 or 8 am CST would be perfect for me, especially if bi-weekly.

I've played around with SF some, and I was in several of the Society games that Corwynn was running a couple of months ago before he disappeared.

Azsamael
April 9th, 2018, 09:05
Hey I have been looking to join a Starfinder group. I have the book, though I never played and really dont know the system. If you are willing to hand hold for a bit I would love to join. I can't do the following days: Monday, Friday, and Saturday. Thanks!

I am EST, but free most of the time.

Allmight
April 9th, 2018, 11:25
Hi, and thanks for showed interest. You are more than welcome to join. I have not started the game yet, still in preparation mode, but hope to get going within the next few weeks.

I will probably put up a real thread when time grows Close, since this thread was more of an interest check. I have added you to my list.

Seth86
April 9th, 2018, 18:16
I am also interested. i am GMT+2, so just an hour ahead

Allmight
April 9th, 2018, 19:15
I am also interested. i am GMT+2, so just an hour ahead

Added you to my list. Any prefered days, and do you prefer a weekly or bi-weekly game?

Seth86
April 9th, 2018, 19:50
Added you to my list. Any prefered days, and do you prefer a weekly or bi-weekly game?

weekly or bi weekly is fine. Tuesday/wednesday/friday. Saturday (morning/early afternoon)

RedCap
April 9th, 2018, 23:42
I do have the core book and very interested if there is an open spot! :)
Free Sundays all day.

Allmight
April 10th, 2018, 01:04
I do have the core book and very interested if there is an open spot! :)
Free Sundays all day.

Great. Added you to the list. Starting to get enough interested players to maybe form a group or two. Will keep you updated. But a guesstimate is that i will start the first campaign within 2-3 weeks.

RedCap
April 10th, 2018, 01:12
Sounds awesome!

Roywocket
April 10th, 2018, 15:50
I have been looking for an entry level game that runs within reasonable timeframes for me (UTC+2)

I have exp with Pathfinder but not Starfinder. I dont really know what requirements you set for exp with the system.

I would prefered if the sessions did not go far beyond 4 hours (I would like to do something with my day). I would prefer week days that isn't thursday (other session I am part of).

Allmight
April 11th, 2018, 13:41
Okay, after some preparation and consideration work i have decided to hold back on the launch of my Campaign. There are some vital parts missing in the FG Starfinder ruleset (starship combat for one) that i want to be released first. Since there is no information on a preliminary release date yet, i can't say when i will start the Campaign. I will post in this thread when i know more, and i will keep everyone who showed interest in my list, unless you want me to remove you (if you find Another game for example).

Sorry if that causes any inconvenience, but Starship combat is vital. It currently takes to long to conduct a starship fight, and is very awkward and clunky as is.

kananesgi
April 11th, 2018, 13:48
That sounds fine to me. I honestly didn't realize they had omitted starship combat. Seems like an integral part of the game, otherwise it's just pathfinder with some rule modifications.

With luck, that will give me time to settle into the new job and have a better idea of what my schedule will allow.