PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Without Borders FREE PDF & FG module

rob2e
March 28th, 2018, 16:48
Hey all!

I usually don't hawk my wares directly in the forums. I view it as bad manners and a semi-abuse of power. BUT THIS!... THIS is for charity.

Here's the link for "Monsters Without Borders", 20 new monsters for 5E in PDF format as well as a Fantasy Grounds module.

Also included is a new oath for the paladin. Oath of the Hospitaler.

And two new backgrounds.

Enjoy guys, it's FREE if you want it, but you can "Pay What You Want" to give to Doctors Without Borders.

Available at the DMs Guild - click here. (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/238261/Monsters-Without-Borders?affiliate_id=878507)

I invite everyone to follow @MonstersofGuild on Twitter and stay tuned for the end of April when the FULL VERSION comes out featuring over 100 monsters!

ThanX everyone.

Rob

LordEntrails
March 28th, 2018, 18:00
Thanks for this, nice project!

I debated between contributing on the Guild or direct to the charity (because of the portion that goes to OBS/WotC), but chose to donate on the Guild so that it helps boost the visibility of the product.

FYI, after completing my purchase, it listed no products to download. I was able to get the PDF and MOD from My Libraries and have submitted a ticket to OBS. But, in case others encounter the problem, just download from the My Library link.

Here's an image;

Stormhound
March 28th, 2018, 18:34
Also picked this one up. I mean, hey, I'm a monster now, how could I not?

rob2e
March 29th, 2018, 00:45

I debated between contributing on the Guild or direct to the charity (because of the portion that goes to OBS/WotC), but chose to donate on the Guild so that it helps boost the visibility of the product.

FYI, after completing my purchase, it listed no products to download. I was able to get the PDF and MOD from My Libraries and have submitted a ticket to OBS. But, in case others encounter the problem, just download from the My Library link.

Here's an image;

I don't know why that would be, but it should be fixed now? I'm not in charge of the files myself.

rob2e
March 29th, 2018, 00:47

Here's an image;

Ya it seems WotC/OBS need their cut, they MAY be donating it as well, but I'm not sure about that. I imagine singling out items to donate on their behalf would be an accounting nightmare. But at least the 50% goes to MSF.

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2018, 04:37
I don't know why that would be, but it should be fixed now? I'm not in charge of the files myself.
I don't think it anything on you side or that the author(s) can deal with. I think it's just one of the instability things with OBS in general. I'll let you know if I get a response to my ticket. Just wanted to let you and everyone know in case they get the same issue. There is an easy work around, so no big deal, if you are aware of it :)

Grommit57
March 29th, 2018, 06:12
Got it. Not only is it a good cause but hey, we both live in Spokane.

PTBBC.ORG
March 31st, 2018, 20:01
I just downloaded this from the guild and the .mod downloaded as a movie, not a FG mod.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2018, 20:52
I just downloaded this from the guild and the .mod downloaded as a movie, not a FG mod.
.mod is typically recognized by Windows as a movie file. If you try to play it as such it won't work, because in this case a .mod file is an FG module file.

Install it in FG like a module file (see wiki or search forums if needed) and open it through FG like any module file.

PTBBC.ORG
March 31st, 2018, 21:26
Thanks! It downloaded as 1010432-Monsters_Without_Borders_-_v1.1.mod.mpg from the guild. Had to remove the .mpg part and change what program opens it.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2018, 21:57
Strange that the ,mpg got added. Didn't happen for me (Win7, Chrome).

rob2e
March 31st, 2018, 22:34
When Glen uploads the .mod file from google drive it was adding .mpg to the end. He's trying to keep it fixed, but if you have mosnterswithoutborders.mod.mpg, just hack off the .mpg, then it'll work.

Grommit57
April 1st, 2018, 22:14
Finally got around to looking at this. Nice Job. Looking forward to the full version.