PDA

View Full Version : Savage RIFTS?

computertrucker
March 28th, 2018, 05:50
Has there been mention of a Savage RIFTS rukeset? Also if not how compatible would the normal Savage Worlds ruleset be?

This is my first time really looking at Savage Worlds (dur to RIFTS) and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

damned
March 28th, 2018, 07:21
Has there been mention of a Savage RIFTS rukeset? Also if not how compatible would the normal Savage Worlds ruleset be?

This is my first time really looking at Savage Worlds (dur to RIFTS) and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

There is very little likelihood of a license being granted for this.

Muagen
March 28th, 2018, 12:50
Having created my own module for it, I can tell you that bringing it in yourself is not impossible. Works pretty well, even.

The Savage Worlds 4.6 ruleset version (which I believe is still in testing) even adds support for automated Heavy Weapons and Heavy Armor, which covers Mega Damage and M.D.C.

In fact, the only problems I've run into are related to the character sheet. There's simply no good place to drag-and-drop player character Monstrous Abilities or Iconic Framework abilities. This affects more than the Savage Rifts setting, so one of these days I need to haul my keister over to the Wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/), and make the request official.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2018, 13:25
Some info in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38224-Savage-Rifts Look at the post by GunbunnyFuFu

There's an extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35916-Savage-Rifts-Extension-V1-1

There are other threads on Savage Rifts also - use the site search facility to check them out...

Muagen
March 28th, 2018, 13:36
I use a variation of that dandy extension nearly every week, Trenloe. Still doesn't help me slot the racial abilities or Iconic Framework qualities anywhere other than Edges and Hindrances, though, which is my chief beef.
The Edges and Hindrances tabs of a Savage Rifts character get obnoxiously packed right about the time you finish character creation.
And there really should be a distinct place to put racial attributes/monstrous abilities, regardless of setting.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2018, 13:39
And there really should be a distinct place to put racial attributes/monstrous abilities, regardless of setting.
Please log any enhancement and feature requests to the Savage Worlds ruleset here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/

Muagen
March 28th, 2018, 13:40
Ha! You linked me a link I linked! I think you owe me a coke.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2018, 13:43
Ha! You linked me a link I linked! I think you owe me a coke.
No coke owed - just asking you to haul that keister! ;)

GunbunnyFuFu
March 29th, 2018, 18:36
Yeah...little chance of it coming to FG now. That being said, several of us have rolled out various bits and pieces, or in some cases, the entire Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. With the heavy armor and weapon support of Savage Worlds version 4.6, plus the enhancements to powers so that having two arcane backgrounds isn't as big a deal, Savage Rifts is VERY doable in FG. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to help and give pointers/help walk through how to do it.

GB

computertrucker
April 2nd, 2018, 03:06
Thank you all!

Been away from the computer for a few days. I may send a few PMs as I start looking more into this.

tuoweit
August 29th, 2018, 19:06
Yeah...little chance of it coming to FG now. That being said, several of us have rolled out various bits and pieces, or in some cases, the entire Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. With the heavy armor and weapon support of Savage Worlds version 4.6, plus the enhancements to powers so that having two arcane backgrounds isn't as big a deal, Savage Rifts is VERY doable in FG. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to help and give pointers/help walk through how to do it.

Is there anywhere I can get my hands on these bits & pieces, or is this an "everyone for themselves" kind of situation? I started scoping out the work I thought would be needed to do a complete Rifts adaptation, and it looked pretty large... any steps I could save would be useful, especially considering the general lack of comments in the FG/SW code. (I did find a Savage Rifts extension linked on these forums, but at least to my inexperienced eye, it doesn't seem to actually add anything other than change the graphics elements on the desktop.)

GunbunnyFuFu
August 29th, 2018, 22:56
Sadly, it's all copywritten information, making it a "everyone for themselves" situation. I started my module by tearing apart some of the Savage Worlds products.the Sci-Fi Companion if I remember correctly, to see how it was put together. I initially mirrored my Savage Rifts module off it, until later when I gutted the whole thing to redo the layout. It was a good place to start, however. And yeah...Savage Rifts is a large scope..my module currently sits at 22,000 lines of XML, though you can have a functional adaptation for way less lines of XML. You may want to check out the Enhanced Library module for Savage Worlds on FG..it can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, once you learn how to input the data.