PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to let players end their turn - effectively initiating the next actor?

Varatta
March 27th, 2018, 12:25
I would love, love, LOVE it if my players could click 'done' at the end of their turn in their version of the Combat Tracker and have FG automatically move onto the next actor in the CT. Is this a thing? Can it be a thing... pretty-pretty please?!?

PS: I've only played once so far with players so maybe there are very good reasons it's not a thing. Open to thoughts.

TriOpticon
March 27th, 2018, 13:11
I believe you just click the down arrow on the CT when your turn is over and it should move to the next player's turn.

Trenloe
March 27th, 2018, 13:23
See "next actor button" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Tracker

Varatta
March 27th, 2018, 22:14
Ha ha ha -- Facepalm! Serves me right for not checking the player's view myself. My players said they didn't have the button but maybe I didn't describe it well. All good! Thanks gang, sorry for the noob question.

TMO
March 28th, 2018, 05:41
Ha ha ha -- Facepalm! Serves me right for not checking the player's view myself. My players said they didn't have the button but maybe I didn't describe it well. All good! Thanks gang, sorry for the noob question.

Don't sweat it! I was quite surprised to learn what the players see and don't see the first time I ran FG as a player. I was a bit chagrined when I realized that I kept referring to things in the party sheet that they never could see. I guess they were too polite to tell me I was nuts.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2018, 13:21
An invaluable learning tool for the FG GM is to start another instance of FG on the same computer and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost

This will allow you to see what the players see - which, as you are discovering, can be quite different from the GM view.

Varatta
March 28th, 2018, 22:42
Absolutely, been playing with that today a bit. Really need a second screen though - I feel like it's like playing chess with yourself unless you are running it with others as well. Next time we run I'll have an instance up and 'play' along with them.