PDA

View Full Version : New People?

ghedrain
April 14th, 2006, 11:32
Are there any new people interested in doing a short one time campaign in order to get some experience using FG? I have something set up and could schedule a couple nights to DM it if there is interest. This would be run at about 7pm GMT until we're finished. It should only take about two hours to go through the whole adventure depending on how much time is needed to instruct players.

Let me know if you're interested and what nights would be best and I'll get it scheduled.

Sigurd
April 14th, 2006, 20:17
In case you haven't been told. Thanks for the effort.

ghedrain
April 14th, 2006, 20:36
So far there hasn't been anyone up for this :)

Maybe it's just the time zone.

I frequently see "new player looking for campaign" posts. I thought maybe some of these new players would like to get in on a game even if it is only one night.

John_Geeshu
April 14th, 2006, 21:10
I think they're scared of by your promise of only two hours.

Either they think you're unrealistic, or they don't want to put in all that effort to build a character and only play a single session.

Food for thought.

kalmarjan
April 14th, 2006, 22:45
Perhaps if you made some premade characters so they would be ready to play. Make the session like a convention format.

That could generate some interest.

Sandeman

Cypher
April 14th, 2006, 22:56
I think the big thing is that you only gave it 9 hours. Have some patience, and keep plugging it.

Message board activity is so slow that it will take a lot of work to organize a pickup game here.

richvalle
April 14th, 2006, 23:16
You might want to cross post this in the Guild House fourm as well.

rv

ghedrain
April 15th, 2006, 06:46
The characters are premade. This is purely for people who have never played in a FG campaign. If I get a good crew together I'll start up a longer campaign and send out invites for it.

Ganadai
April 19th, 2006, 17:48
I'd be willing to try it out with you. Just bought FG a few days ago and haven't had a chance yet. Just PM me and let me know when and the server alias.

mr_h
April 19th, 2006, 17:56
You know, back when I started with FG, I would have taken you up on this offer in a heart beat. Sadly now I'm tied up with my campaign and I don't have much free time...but it's still a good idea:)

eriadoc
April 19th, 2006, 23:55
I notice this message was posted nearly a week ago, so I hope I am not too late to accept your gracious offer. I am buying and downloading this after a couple weeks of mulling it over and dicsussing it with a couple friends, and I would love to learn how to use the software in such a manner!

I work normal business hours, Central Time Zone, so that could be an obstacle. I am open on weekends, however. I played AD&D for years, through 1st and 2nd Editions, then real life jumped up and struck us all with wives and kids and jobs and responsibility. So I have not played for a good ten years now.
Regardless if we get it going or not, thanks for your very generous offer and if I am not too late, I'm in! My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks again!

ghedrain
April 20th, 2006, 06:12
So far i've only had 2 people interested (that's including you) so I sort of scrapped the whole idea.

Scheduling with people living in the states might be difficult because I live in GMT +1 time zone and I have a husband and son to take care of. I can try on a weekend so that it would only be mid morning for those living in the US.

ByteBandit
April 21st, 2006, 01:33
I would be interested, in helping you out. I've just picked up the full game recently, and I'm hoping to do the same thing myself ie. run a short dungeon crawl with a few friends to get to grips with the software. But I'd like to have a go at playing as well :) Let me know if you get enough interest.