PDA

View Full Version : Is there any easy way to make an NPC immune to all damage types?

SheckyS
March 24th, 2018, 00:29
Do I have to list every type individually? If so, is there a complete list of all types somewhere?
I tried just "all" but that didn't seem to work.

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2018, 00:39
What rulesystem? If you post ruleset specific questions in the appropriate forum, we'll know and be able to answer easier.

Have you checked out the ruleset for the game system you are using?

SheckyS
March 24th, 2018, 00:40
Oh, sorry. D&D 5e. :)
Should I re-post this under 5e or can you move it or something? I didn't realize it was in the wrong place. :)

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2018, 00:51
Well the 5E Effects wiki, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects says that you can use "IMMUNE: all". It also says "(T); Immune to damage type; Assumes all if no [damage type] descriptor." So you should be able to use all or just leave it blank.

The list of damage types is:
[damage type] = acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, poison, psychic, radiant, thunder, adamantine, bludgeoning, cold-forged iron, magic, piercing, silver, slashing

If it doesn't work, post screen shots of the effect in the CT and the chat showing it not working.

SheckyS
March 24th, 2018, 00:55
Hmmm. That's weird. I'm not doing it as an effect, it's under Damage Immunities on the NPC sheet, which presumably does the same thing. "all" definitely isn't working. I will try again and post it if I still can't get it to work.

Thanks. :)

Zacchaeus
March 24th, 2018, 01:18
You are confusing an effect with the way you need to word things for an NPC. Under damage immunities in the NPC section you need to list all of the damage types that the NPC is immune to. AFAIK all won’t work, you need to list each damage type separated by a comma,

Trenloe
March 24th, 2018, 01:24
Moved thread to the 5E forum.

SheckyS
March 24th, 2018, 02:38
You are confusing an effect with the way you need to word things for an NPC. Under damage immunities in the NPC section you need to list all of the damage types that the NPC is immune to. AFAIK all won’t work, you need to list each damage type separated by a comma,

Thanks for confirming. That's my experience. :)

MadCar_1
March 24th, 2018, 05:42
give them 1,000,000 hp