PDA

View Full Version : Curse Of Strahd

nwmotogeek
March 22nd, 2018, 23:28
I bought the Curse of Strahd but haven't run it yet. I noticed that it has a few recommended items but I can't find them in the store.

Recommended: one or more of the following modules: D&D Complete Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack and the D&D Complete Monster Pack

Have they been renamed?

Nickademus
March 22nd, 2018, 23:39
Those are the Store names for the Player's Handbook and Monster Manual.

LordEntrails
March 22nd, 2018, 23:55
Originally Smiteworks was not allowed to call those products the "Player's Handbook" or the "Monster Manual" so they called them with what you see listed. They are now allowed to call them be theyr common/known names and show up in the store as expected (Player's Handbook and Monster Manual).

nwmotogeek
March 22nd, 2018, 23:56
Thanks!

lostsanityreturned
March 23rd, 2018, 20:32
I hope you enjoy it, boy is Curse of Strahd a solid module.

I suggest prerolling random encounters so you can think of the theming / descriptions in advance though :)

nwmotogeek
March 23rd, 2018, 20:36
Do you think the monster manual is needed?

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2018, 21:32
Do you think the monster manual is needed?

All of the monsters are included in the adventure. If you wanted to substitute some of the encounters for different monsters not in the adventure then the MM would be useful.

damned
March 24th, 2018, 03:40
We have been running Curse of Strahd for many monhs and I have not had to access the MM at all during that time.

Stuart
March 24th, 2018, 23:12
Finished it running it a few weeks back; no need for any other books save the PHB. Solid module - the only awkward thing is the style of map (3D) - makes grids and masks a little tricky. Still one of the best adventures around.

Zacchaeus
March 25th, 2018, 11:36
Finished it running it a few weeks back; no need for any other books save the PHB. Solid module - the only awkward thing is the style of map (3D) - makes grids and masks a little tricky. Still one of the best adventures around.

It's a pity that you didn't find these before (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30561-Castle-Ravenloft-Battlemaps&p=263181#post263181) you started.

Nickademus
March 25th, 2018, 16:01
Or these. (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/185990/Castle-Ravenloft-hires-colour-jpg-maps)