PDA

View Full Version : Best Practices for Lair Actions and Legendary Actions?

Raddu
March 21st, 2018, 19:52
Do you have any best practices for Legendary and Lair Actions in FG?

For Lair Actions, I just create a copy of the monster and put them on Initiative Count 20 and make them hidden on the CT.

However, I always forget Legendary actions. Anyone have any good advice for remembering and using them when running FG?

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2018, 22:22
Good question. I'm sure others have a better way of doing it than I do. I just try to remember!

Anxious to hear what others are doing.

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2018, 23:01
I actually can't think of any instance where my group has come across something with Legendary Actions. Since they appear on the CT though I'd expect to remember to do them

BubbaGrim
March 21st, 2018, 23:51
I make a blank creature called "Lair", I add it to the encounter just like an NPC, then I adjust it's initiative to 20. I run with a lot of hidden NPCs so I have the CT set to skip hidden actors.
Legendary Actions, I tell my player(s) "stop at the end of your turn". Even if I decide to not take a Legendary Action, it gives me a moment to consider it.

jasonthelamb
March 22nd, 2018, 17:00
I write them on a sticky note and stick them to my monitor... can't miss 'em!

Henrique Oliveira Machado
March 29th, 2018, 00:55
Wondering about that too. about to run lots of dragons in my campaing.

Howell Family
September 15th, 2019, 16:04
I am not a programmer, but my main concern is not so much remembering to use lair actions (I use the blank NPC method like Bubba stated) or legendary actions, but keeping track of them. How difficult would it be to include a way to keep track of Legendary Actions and Resistances within the 5e (or any other) rulesets?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2019, 16:37
I am not a programmer, but my main concern is not so much remembering to use lair actions (I use the blank NPC method like Bubba stated) or legendary actions, but keeping track of them. How difficult would it be to include a way to keep track of Legendary Actions and Resistances within the 5e (or any other) rulesets?

Thanks!

Almost anything is possible with an extension.