PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Items

MenzelG
March 21st, 2018, 05:32
Maybe this question has already been asked and answered somewhere else but...is there a way within FG to track things like Rations or Healer's Kit uses? I found a "sort of" option on the Actions tab by adding them as ranged weapons with ammo. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2018, 05:38
Put a quantity on them in your inventory? That's how I do it. for things like a healers kit that has so many uses in one item, I put it in the description like "Healer's Kit (10)".

You can do it like you showed, but, the inventory method works for me.

Zacchaeus
March 21st, 2018, 11:50
To monitor use of things like healer's kits and potions add them into the actions tab (you will want to do this anyway since these items will require effects to be created), and then use preparation mode to limit/mark off uses. For other things just use the inventory as LE mentions.

Axoid
March 21st, 2018, 12:23
To monitor use of things like healer's kits and potions add them into the actions tab (you will want to do this anyway since these items will require effects to be created), and then use preparation mode to limit/mark off uses. For other things just use the inventory as LE mentions.

That's how I did it as well. For the healer's kit, the effect I added to it is STABLE.

MenzelG
March 21st, 2018, 19:00
Thank you for the suggestions! I didn't realize I could just create my own Power groups like that. Very Helpful!

lostsanityreturned
March 23rd, 2018, 20:35
Put a quantity on them in your inventory? That's how I do it. for things like a healers kit that has so many uses in one item, I put it in the description like "Healer's Kit (10)".

You can do it like you showed, but, the inventory method works for me.

To anyone who thinks of doing this, be wary if your group tracks weight :P

Nickademus
March 23rd, 2018, 20:58
lol
You could just divide the weight by the uses so that your inventory entry is 'one use of a healer's kit'.