PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Sunday - Thursday

TriOpticon
March 20th, 2018, 01:57
FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: I am in Japan, UTC+9 no DST, however I am retired so I would like to spend my mornings gaming and then spend the rest of my day learning Japanese and exploring Japan (I also want to avoid rush hour on the trains). 6pm EDT would be the earliest that I would like to start. Length of 4 hours would be ideal but could go longer depending on the situation, plans, etc.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday - Thursday evenings, 6pm EDT earliest. I have games on some of those nights but they are bi-weekly so I would have to make sure no games interfere with one another.
Term: One-shot, mini-series or long-term campaign.
Voice: Discord or Teamspeak. No video. Text only also works.

Game System Preferred: Starfinder, Savage Worlds, Traveller (when it is officially released), Rolemaster, Castles & Crusades, Basic Roleplaying, Shadowrun, Mutants & Masterminds (I have the ruleset but it really is outdated compared to 5E, Starfinder, etc. so to actually learn how to use it would be nice)
Game System Experience: I have experience with Starfinder, SW, Traveller, M&M, C&C, BRP and Shadowrun 5E but I would consider myself new-ish just to properly set expectations. I am really wanting to become more familiar with them, though. I also buy the books/PDFs for the games so I can always read the rules during downtimes.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have had it for 2 years now. Until recently I have not used it as much as I would like. I am currently in Starfinder, CoC, 5E and Dark Eye games so I am hoping to become more proficient in its use. I do own the 5E Complete Bundle, Starfinder Core, M&M, SW (core, Superpowers, Science Fiction, Fantasy) rulesets. I have not bought the other ones yet.

About me: I like a mix of role and roll playing, 50/50. I do prefer to not have every solution to the problem be "kill them all". I try to roleplay as much as I can but I cannot do accents and I am not a classically trained actor. My goal is to have fun, make sure everyone else has fun and to learn systems and FG to the point that I feel comfortable enough to share in the GM load. I always communicate with the GM/group about schedule issues, real life interference, etc. I am also patient with GMs during play as I know it takes a lot of work to GM, so new GMs are not a problem for me.

Thanks.