PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: How to drag-and-drop 1d3?

Jordan Peacock
March 19th, 2018, 17:00
I'm new to playing Pathfinder online via Fantasy Grounds. I apologize if this question has been asked before, but when I searched for "1d3" in the forums, I got ZERO hits (and it wouldn't let me search for just "d3" -- too short of a keyword).

Question: How do I get a d3 or d2 for die rolls, or for the creation of attack actions?

Context: We're playing Rise of the Runelords, and my character acquired a firepelt cougar as a pet after some misadventure. The GM instructed me to go ahead and set up a character sheet in-game for the pet. I tried copying over the basic details from the NPC entry for "firepelt cougar," but when it comes to setting up its attacks on the action tab, its claws deal 1d3 damage. There is no "claw" weapon for me to drag and drop that I could find, so in order to create the damage portion for the "claw" attack action, there's a section on the left side where I'm supposed to drag and drop the die type used for the damage roll. I've tried, and it won't let me just type "1d3" or any such thing. The trouble is that there is no "1d3" on the desktop area for me to drag and drop into that box. If there is some alternative way for me to enter a value into that box (some sort of ALT- or SHIFT- or CTRL- key combination?) I haven't yet figured it out.

I realize that I can just type "/die 1d3" in the chat window to get a 1d3 die result, but that's only a "solution" if I give up on the action tab.

P.S., is there a "FAQ" I should be looking at before asking questions like this? (I found the Fantasy Grounds FAQ, but that appears to be technical, on the level of installing/running the program, handling subscriptions, network issues, etc., rather than the details of actually USING the gaming platform.) If so, where can I find it?

Thanks!

Trenloe
March 19th, 2018, 17:06
Welcome to the forums.

The d3 and d2 are custom dice under the d6 on the desktop. Some info under "Rolling custom dice" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Dice

Right-click on the d6, select the "Custom Dice" option (top left) and then you can select d2 and d3.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2018, 17:09
P.S., is there a "FAQ" I should be looking at before asking questions like this?

If so, where can I find it?!
There's the User Guide pages in the Wiki, and also PDF version of the user manual - a link appears when you first load a campaign on the "Campaign Setup" window and also on the main FG launch page under the "Getting Started" -> "Read User Manual" link. If you download the PDF you can search for terms like d3, etc..

Jordan Peacock
March 19th, 2018, 17:45
There's the User Guide pages in the Wiki, and also PDF version of the user manual - a link appears when you first load a campaign on the "Campaign Setup" window and also on the main FG launch page under the "Getting Started" -> "Read User Manual" link. If you download the PDF you can search for terms like d3, etc..

Awesome! I'll go check that out then. I'd heard about the d100 being handled via d10, but I just hadn't thought to think to look for d2 and d3 as "custom dice" under the d6. Thanks!