PDA

View Full Version : Question on Construct Characters and Mods

bitrunner
March 19th, 2018, 03:18
Pardon if this has been asked elsewhere - i tried searching for it and couldn't find anything...

How do I add Mods to a Construct / AI character (for a Science Fiction Companion character)? When I go to Items, I see that there is a special subsection for Mods, but as much as I try to drag-n-drop various mods to a character sheet, it doesn't seem to have any proper spot - not Edges or any of the Inventory tabs or just generic Notes. What's up??

Doswelk
March 19th, 2018, 09:42
Pardon if this has been asked elsewhere - i tried searching for it and couldn't find anything...

How do I add Mods to a Construct / AI character (for a Science Fiction Companion character)? When I go to Items, I see that there is a special subsection for Mods, but as much as I try to drag-n-drop various mods to a character sheet, it doesn't seem to have any proper spot - not Edges or any of the Inventory tabs or just generic Notes. What's up??

Hello bitrunner,

I suspect as this an optional race in the Science Fiction companion, it is not supported currently.

I am unable to test but is anything added by the Science Fiction extension?

If not I recommend you add it to the request list here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/

Version 4.6 supports this for NPCs, but not PCs it seems.

I would create custom Edges for now to support this, or use Notes

Regards

Kevin

bitrunner
March 19th, 2018, 11:47
thanks for a quick response!

i have the Sci-Fi expansion, but alas it does not appear to add anything. Although i'm not sure if the standard SW ruleset includes Cyberware and Mods, as i bought everything together as a first time buyer. As mentioned, the character sheet does have a Cyberware tab that auto calculates Strain, but there's no Mod page. Also, the Items section has two subsections/buttons at the top for Cyberware and Mods.

I'm thinking that what I might do is just port the Mods over to the Cyberware section and put in the Mod slots for the Strain values so it will show the total number of Mod slots used - adding them as Edges is also an alternative, and I noted that one of the NPCs (I have The Last Parsec Archetypes module as well) has an NPC Android and that's how they did it - they have "Mod: Armor +1" for example as an Edge.