PDA

View Full Version : File Depot or Repository for Mods & Extensions?

mlesnews
March 18th, 2018, 13:56
Hello;
I would like to inquire about a better way to access the file community library? Currently, I'm finding it quite tedious to have search through each post for community developed .mod & .ext every week. Chiefly this is my only complaint thus far with the Fantasy Grounds application is having to spend the time each week to research if there have been any updates or not? Regardless if it is one file or a dozen, the current system is not easily accessible or manageable for me as a Dungeon Master. Now while I understand it is easy to complain about a problem or issue. I would like to propose a solution and request developer feedback. Thanks in advance.

This would be an ideal solution to file management. I present this as an example, as the most recent version I found of 'Links and Downloads Manager' for vBulletin was from 2010. If an in-house solution is a preferred method, that would be wonderful as well. Sadly the developer of LDM, Andrew D, the developer of the Links and Downloads Manager has passed away after a long period of illness. DownloadsII looks like a promising alternative, it was last updated in 2011.

Links and Downloads Manager https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231407
DownloadsII is a download database that integrates into vBulletin. It allows you to upload files, add images to them, create categories, link to external files - and more. It is very flexible and has many options. https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231427

Andraax
March 18th, 2018, 19:01
Subscribe to the forum posts for the mods and extensions you use. When they're updated, you'll get an email.

mlesnews
March 22nd, 2018, 14:24
Looking for a response from one of the Smite Works devs or Smite Works community manager. Thanks, Andraax for your suggestion, it is noted.

damned
March 22nd, 2018, 14:39
I cant see them being too excited about add-ons that were last updated 6-7 years ago.
Additionally the accompanying thread contains relevant info about the extension, its usage and its compatibility.

Talyn
March 22nd, 2018, 16:45
This topic has come up before, from most of us. :) It's something @Moon Wizard has indicated an interest in, but not before the Unity version of FG comes out. There are more important hurdles right now than maintaining community stuff. For now, if we choose to use a community extension, the consequence is that the responsibility lies on us as the end-user to make sure we have the latest version for compatibility. As @Andraax stated, simply subscribe to the forum thread and you'll get a notification if there are any changes to it.

mlesnews
March 22nd, 2018, 17:32
I appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks.