PDA

View Full Version : Waterborne Vehicles extended?

SailorLovins
March 16th, 2018, 02:49
I found some awesome resources that have given me the inspiration I need to somehow make customizable vehicles from a base item. "Somehow" being the active word there. I know the PHB has precious minimal values in the descriptions of the few ships they have. I found several other very well thought ship to ship combat. So here is my question. How can I add these vehicles with commonly defined stats... iE like this
Hull Type Size Speed AC HP Thresh crew Pass Cargo and Weapon mounts? I'm all I close to having the meat of my homebrew module done. Its easy to do this on paper but I want to begin creating something FG might recognize as an item. Should I just make a generic Note file?

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2018, 05:03
You can't change the physical layout of the vehicle record without changing the ruleset, or writing an extension. This requires programming in XML or Lua to customize the look and feel, as well as the behavior.

If you just want to add the information to a vehicle record just for tracking to try out new systems, just use the notes field to track the information. It basically works just like keeping track of the extra fields on paper.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 16th, 2018, 17:55
Just came across this link, you might find it interesting, https://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?553294-Seafaring-in-Fifth-Edition