PDA

View Full Version : Weird War I

GunnarGreybeard
March 14th, 2018, 18:38
Not seeing much comment for interest in Weird War I stuff and nothing in the store as far as the setting. I do see that Pinnacle offers a Weird War I Collectors Box Set (https://www.peginc.com/store/weird-war-i-collectors-box-set/) posted for sale on their website so there must be some interest, that or they are dumping all the excess stock in a bundle. :bandit:

Anyone know of anything in the works or any currently running games using Weird War I on FG?

Talyn
March 14th, 2018, 19:05
I considered it last year then I thought someone was doing it, then they weren't, then I considered it again, then I got the entire C&C DLC line placed on my shoulders so...

I dunno? I would consider it again if I thought there was interest but it'll be a couple months at least until I have time to squeeze it into my queue.

I was looking at Thunderscape (both SW and PFRPG) too but I don't think the studio has signed onto FG.

Leperchan5
March 14th, 2018, 19:12
I'm doing a Weird War One, one shot game... So i'm only adding the relevant stuff to our game... if it becomes an ongoing campaign, I wouldn't mind configuring the whole Players Guide and ect... but I am in no way affiliated with FG or SW... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Talyn
March 14th, 2018, 19:24
Well, I will consider WWI more seriously then, especially since I took The Goon off my queue and handed it to Wookie. But as I said, it'll be awhile before I'll be able to start on it.

GunnarGreybeard
March 14th, 2018, 20:51
With the tools now built into the SW ruleset and available addons, it probably wouldn't be that much trouble to build out a personal module and go with that, at least for the foreseeable future. Finding players on the other hand, might be a bit more elusive.

Mortar
March 14th, 2018, 21:13
I have considered doing, I lover the Weird Wars setting ideas, just never got around to it.

Mortar
March 14th, 2018, 21:16
I'm doing a Weird War One, one shot game... So i'm only adding the relevant stuff to our game... if it becomes an ongoing campaign, I wouldn't mind configuring the whole Players Guide and ect... but I am in no way affiliated with FG or SW... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other than doing conversions for the store neither Talyn nor I are affiliated with FG/SW.

Talyn
March 14th, 2018, 21:19
M'kay well you guys are a bad influence...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22635&stc=1&d=1521058680

I guess I can flit around and do little things to this if I'm frustrated or feeling burned out on the other stuff until I get time to go full bore into WWI...

Leperchan5
March 14th, 2018, 22:03
::Thumbs up::

GunnarGreybeard
March 16th, 2018, 08:27

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22635&stc=1&d=1521058680

I guess I can flit around and do little things to this if I'm frustrated or feeling burned out on the other stuff until I get time to go full bore into WWI...

Nice!!

Black Hammer
March 20th, 2018, 05:25
That box set is tempting, but I don't need more RPG books I'll never use. Though FG conversions don't take up space on the shelf and are easy to get use out of...

amerigoV
November 30th, 2021, 13:38

So I am in on a WW1 kick, did this little thing ever happen (I am not seeing it in the store, so I presume no)?

kronovan
November 30th, 2021, 19:58
So I am in on a WW1 kick, did this little thing ever happen (I am not seeing it in the store, so I presume no)?

I went searching for Weird War I DLC a year or so ago and couldn't find anything. There's nothing for Weird Wars Tour of Darkness either, other than some 3rd party tokens. I don't think it'd be big effort to make a custom module using Weird Wars II as a basis though. Some of the edges and hindrances are the same and for weapons it's easy to just make a copy of an existing, move it to your custom group and then rename it and reskin the stats as necessary. I did that for Tour of Darkness going in the opposite direction history-wise and a lot of the effort was just copying and pasting content from the Player's Guide. I wasn't aware of the Author extension when I created my mod. Having now used Author and gotten competent with it and with the soon to be released Builder, IMO it would be a manageable effort to create a Player's Reference with either tool.