PDA

View Full Version : Cut/Paste

Yost
April 10th, 2006, 18:20
Any hope that 1.06 will allow us to cut/paste from one document to our FG documents?

Daeghrefn
April 10th, 2006, 18:32
Any hope that 1.06 will allow us to cut/paste from one document to our FG documents?

Hell yes! Please, for the love of all holy things, incorporate this at some point! I like to do some "breadboarding" in a text editor, since moving stuff and previewing stuff is so much easier.

Also for those of us who are challenged in writing, it would be nice to be able to cut/paste/move.

Stuart
April 10th, 2006, 18:34
I'm clearly missing something as you can cut and paste from a document into FG. What you cannot do is cut and paste from FG into anything unless you use the xml module/campaign files.

ghedrain
April 10th, 2006, 19:34
Ummm try highlighting the text you want to cut and paste and hold ctrl and press c then go to the document in FG and hold ctrl and press v

that should let you cut and paste text over. ehem....works for me anyway.

Daeghrefn
April 10th, 2006, 19:35
I'm clearly missing something as you can cut and paste from a document into FG. What you cannot do is cut and paste from FG into anything unless you use the xml module/campaign files.

I didn't know you could paste stuff from the clipboard into FG. But what I would really like, is to have cut/paste editing functionality WITHIN FG itself, rather than having to hack XML to make it work.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to stay out of the XML as much as possible. I can do it, but I don't like it.

Cypher
April 10th, 2006, 19:49
I didn't know you could paste stuff from the clipboard into FG. But what I would really like, is to have cut/paste editing functionality WITHIN FG itself, rather than having to hack XML to make it work.

I don't know about you, but I prefer to stay out of the XML as much as possible. I can do it, but I don't like it.

You can.

Use Ctrl+C to copy, and Ctrl+V to paste.

The only place I've found you can't select text is in the fields found on the monster sheet (the description portion you can cut/paste).

Dupre
April 10th, 2006, 21:58
Improved copy-paste support is in the upcoming patch.

kalmarjan
April 10th, 2006, 23:21
<cracks whip for 1.06>

Nothing to see here.... Now back to work!

LOL

Sandeman

richvalle
April 11th, 2006, 00:13
I tell yah, with 1.06 the streets will be paved with gold!

:)

rv

freckle_smoker
April 11th, 2006, 02:45
Yes , tee hee hee , I can't wait till 1.06 then cause then allot of good adventures can be made . hallalluyah .

Tailz Silver Paws
April 11th, 2006, 02:56
Will 1.06 make me coffie too? :D

freckle_smoker
April 11th, 2006, 04:28
lol , I heard somewhere it can do that and roll Your joints . just kidding .