PDA

View Full Version : LFP Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded

Moranthus
March 12th, 2018, 22:54
Hello,

I am looking for an additional player for a Deadlands Reloaded game that I am starting up in the next few weeks. You will be joining an existing group of three that has played CoC 7E (two of the players) and D&D 5E (all three) together over the last 16 months. This is a group that highly values role playing but does not shy away from rules or combat. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming to newcomers. It’s been an honor to run games for them, really.

Game Details:

System: Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded
Session Times: Weekly, SUNDAYS, 5PM-9PM EST
FG License: Standard License (or ultimate) required (I do not have an ultimate license)
Game Type: 60/40 RP VS Combat - be prepared to play a character but also be prepared to be challenged by regular combat.
Communication: This is a TEXT ONLY game. ALL game interactions and communication will be handled by in-client text chat only – this includes all player/DM interaction.

Background:
I have just completed a Curse of Strahd campaign and I am looking to start up a new game using the Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded system. By way of background, I did run Deadlands when it was released in the 90s but did not return when the setting was adapted to Pinnacle’s Savage Worlds system. I plan to do so now.

The game will center around a newly minted Texas Ranger and the motley crew he travels with. While there is much latitude with character concepts, the group will largely be pitted against villains and the horrors of the Weird West so character concepts should be ok with doing some good (even for selfish reason) and outright bloodthirsty outlaw types need not apply. Two of the three existing players are new to Deadlands and all of us are new to savage worlds. So, if you’re an established player in the FG community looking to try out Deadlands, Savage Worlds or both - this would be a perfect opportunity to do so. However please only apply if you are willing to make a long-term commitment. This game will likely run for 5-6 months, quite possibly longer

Some further information - this game will make some use of published material as well as my own adventures. If you have played through or read ’the Flood’ or other published adventures for Deadlands, please let me know what you’ve been through so I can evaluate how enjoyable the game might be for you, based on what I intend to make use of.

If you are interested in the game, please reply here on the thread or by PM and I will get back to you shortly. Please provide some information to me on your experience and the kind of game you are looking for. Questions are certainly welcome.

Thanks for your interest!

- Moranthus

Logan-05
March 12th, 2018, 23:13
I’m part of the group that’s been gaming with Moranthus over the past year or so. He’s an outstanding DM, possessed of all the qualities which make a running long-term campaign not just possible, but enjoyable - organized, communicates well, and invests himself deeply in each campaign setting. This is a group that’s been heavy on developing the drama of rollplaying, and we’ve found the text-only mode of communication supports character roll-playing well. There’s been some great story-telling that’s come out of our sessions. If this sounds like something of interest to you, I’d urge you to contact Moranthus. He’s our ring-leader, and the guy who makes it all possible.

Moranthus
March 18th, 2018, 07:00
Still looking for one more for this game. All I'm looking for here is a willingness to embrace text only play and someone who is eager to embrace a strong character. Please feel free to PM me any questions.

GunnarGreybeard
March 18th, 2018, 08:40
Would love to get in on this but I work Sunday nights. :cry:

Moranthus
March 23rd, 2018, 01:33
Thanks for the interest Gunnar. If we change schedule, I'll let you know.

randlestanhope
March 24th, 2018, 22:54
I'm a newbie to savage lands, but I have been really interested in the dead lands setting. I do have ultimate license already. I don't know if your still looking for players and are willing to deal with a newbie; if you are let me know.