PDA

View Full Version : Module Activation

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 03:28
I've created two modules and exported them using the same criteria (except for module name and cover image). Yet, when in a new campaign, only one module is listed in the Data Module Activation window and other is not.

I did confirm that both modules are in the module folder. I've tried exporting the module at least three times. The chat window says successful export every time. I even deleted the module from the folder before exporting the 3rd time. Still no luck.

P.S. If this has been answered before, I could not find the thread using the forum's search function.

dberkompas
March 10th, 2018, 03:33
Can you attach the files so we can test? Maybe they have different file names, but maybe the internal names are the same?

Dave

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 03:36
Here they are.

The Loremaster's Guide shows up, but the Player's Guide does not.

Moderator: Attachments deleted due there being copyright materials in them

dberkompas
March 10th, 2018, 03:39
There's nothing in the players guide, just the definition.xml and thumbnail, no client.xml

Dave

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 03:42
Then I wonder what's going on. I'm going back to the Player's Guide to see what I'm doing wrong. Will post when I get it up (with screenshots as necessary).

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 04:01
Here's some screen images plus the new mod file.

dberkompas
March 10th, 2018, 04:04
I don't see that you have any checkmarks next to stuff to export.
(Or the checkmark for Players)

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 04:09
I did the exact same thing for the Loremaster's Guide (no checkmarks anywhere).

Actually, now that I think of it, I think I did check the Read Only for Loremaster's Guide.

dberkompas
March 10th, 2018, 04:12
You could try putting a check on Player Module?

Dave

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 04:14
Actually, I did that for the first export. No go. Then unchecked it for the second export. No go. Then deleted the mod file and rexported it with nothing checked. Still no go. 4th export is above for illustration.

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2018, 04:22
I don’t see any record types selected in the export list. You have to select which record types should be exported.

Regards,
JPG

astromath
March 10th, 2018, 04:24
Hmmm. I thought if no records are checked, that means to export all records. I did this with no problem for the Loremaster's Guide and it exported all records with no records checked.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 07:58
You have to tick some data to export...