PDA

View Full Version : PFS - #0-06: Black Waters - Saturday 3/10 - 9AM Eastern

Blackfoot
March 6th, 2018, 16:16
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 4–5).

The Pathfinder Society seeks the ancient ruby ring of the salamander and it falls to a team of Pathfinders to find it. Last seen in the Tri-Towers Yard, a once elite academy for the youth of Absalom, the ruby ring is now lost in the Drownyard, all that remains of Tri-Towers after it was destroyed a decade ago in the great quake. The Pathfinders must risk the strange black ichors and salty brine to find their prize—will they risk their very souls as well?

Written by Tim and Eileen Connors

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3013) and post your character information here to reserve your seat.

NOTE: This game will be run in the LOWER (1-2) Subtier.

JackalAion
March 6th, 2018, 16:40
2nd level Magus Maze Merwrick

MelanieSimmons
March 6th, 2018, 18:50
I have either an oracle (life, Silver Crusade faction, name Meyla, race undine) or an alchemist (Dark Archives faction, name Blam!, race gnome) to play, both 1st tier. Which would be preferred for party balance/mix?

KevenSimmons
March 6th, 2018, 19:38
I’ll be bringing Tippitha, a cleric 1/bard 1

stephan_
March 8th, 2018, 12:32
If it's also possible to join as a new player, I could bring a level 1 reach cleric.

JackalAion
March 8th, 2018, 13:50
If it's also possible to join as a new player, I could bring a level 1 reach cleric.

If your new to the society then you'll need a play ID number. You can get it at paizo.com if you haven't already

Blackfoot
March 8th, 2018, 14:27
If it's also possible to join as a new player, I could bring a level 1 reach cleric.This game is a good one for a starting PC.
I will need a few things from you starting out.
A copy of your character.. either (in order of preference) a FG .xml file or a herolab .por or a character sheet .pdf
A copy of your previous chronicle. (if you have played this character in PFS before)

If not... I'll need:
Your PFS#
Your starting gold (after initial purchases)

If you are not familiar with PFS you'll want to check out the Guide to Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Pathfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).

For EVERYONE:
Please get me your character info ASAP.

stephan_
March 8th, 2018, 18:30
If your new to the society then you'll need a play ID number. You can get it at paizo.com if you haven't already

Thanks for the information.

This game is a good one for a starting PC.
I will need a few things from you starting out.
A copy of your character.. either (in order of preference) a FG .xml file or a herolab .por or a character sheet .pdf
A copy of your previous chronicle. (if you have played this character in PFS before)

If not... I'll need:
Your PFS#
Your starting gold (after initial purchases)

If you are not familiar with PFS you'll want to check out the Guide to Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Pathfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).

A copy of the character should be attached. If it's not in the desired format please tell me so.

The character hasn't been played before.

PFS # 328439-1

Starting gold: 53 gp, 6 sp, 5 cp (though I probably will have to review that)

I have read

Pathfinder Society Primer
Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide
Relevant parts of the Strategy Guide
(Hopefully) relevant parts of the Core Rulebook - Work in Progress

I have some familiarity with RPGs in general (though not with Pathfinder in particular).

In order to reduce the complexity somewhat, I only used the Core Rulebook, Character Traits Web Enhancement and Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play (essentially Core Campaign Resources) at character creation.

The character was created with Hero Lab, so there should at least be some modicum of validation (though errors are always possible).

Thanks in advance

Edit: My apologies, I forgot the most obvious gear of all: The holy symbol. Character sheet and remaining gold adjusted accordingly.

JackalAion
March 8th, 2018, 19:01
So I guess he'll be needing his welcome to the Pathfinder Society chronicle right Blackfoot?

Blackfoot
March 9th, 2018, 01:09
Edit: My apologies, I forgot the most obvious gear of all: The holy symbol. Character sheet and remaining gold adjusted accordingly.

Did you mean to buy 2 holy symbols?

stephan_
March 9th, 2018, 07:59
Did you mean to buy 2 holy symbols?

Yes. If there is nothing in the rules or lore against it (or at the GM's discretion), I would prefer to have a backup (a practice carried over from IT experience). Having luck is good, not having to depend on luck is better.

Blackfoot
March 9th, 2018, 08:06
No.. it's fine.. I was just making sure it wasn't a clicking error in hero lab. :)

KevenSimmons
March 9th, 2018, 15:37
I love getting new players!!

MelanieSimmons
March 9th, 2018, 21:49
So far it sounds like my alchemist would be more useful for this group.

Warning... She likes to blow things up, and her aim is not the best. :-/

JackalAion
March 9th, 2018, 21:50
Lol

KevenSimmons
March 9th, 2018, 23:14
Yes. If there is nothing in the rules or lore against it (or at the GM's discretion), I would prefer to have a backup (a practice carried over from IT experience). Having luck is good, not having to depend on luck is better.
I think to meet best practices, you would need three holy symbols, of two different materials, one of which is stored in a remote location.

Bansidhe
March 9th, 2018, 23:34
Looking to play and need to track down my old PFS character that is in the level range.
Is communication done only through the chat of FG, or is a VOIP being used for this? Sorry if that was already stated or generally known.

stephan_
March 9th, 2018, 23:40
I think to meet best practices, you would need three holy symbols, of two different materials, one of which is stored in a remote location.

That is actually true. I'll consider making a silver one (potentially on another plane of existence altogether?) my next goal.

Looking to play and need to track down my old PFS character that is in the level range.
Is communication done only through the chat of FG, or is a VOIP being used for this? Sorry if that was already stated or generally known.

I don't know for sure, but judging on the signature, I would guess teamspeak?

Lallatwiddle
March 9th, 2018, 23:50
Hi, I just signed up for the game and dug my old PF Society stuff out. I haven't played since Season 1 first came out and I only have 2 mods to my first character's name. I just looked at my certs and my account info on Paizo and found that my GM never reported it properly. The GM also e-mailed me certs that were not signed but did fill everything else out correctly, including crossing out things our party didn't get. Should I just dump everything and restart? I can make a different character easily enough.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 00:05
I think it'll just be less headache if I reset. I might also bring a different character than what is listed on the game calendar atm as a result.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 02:30
Threw together a character. In this dropbox directory you'll find the POR, a character portrait, and a token. Sadly the token doesn't fit as well as I'd like but I'll work on rectifying that in the future. I'm aware I'm one language short atm, I'm waiting on Bansidhe to figure how what he is playing and I might pick my final language with his character in mind.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cig1qy61rrg1la1/AACLOudx0_UFUldn8U8qNmDxa?dl=0

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 03:41
Threw together a character. In this dropbox directory you'll find the POR, a character portrait, and a token. Sadly the token doesn't fit as well as I'd like but I'll work on rectifying that in the future. I'm aware I'm one language short atm, I'm waiting on Bansidhe to figure how what he is playing and I might pick my final language with his character in mind.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cig1qy61rrg1la1/AACLOudx0_UFUldn8U8qNmDxa?dl=0
Unfortunately, I can't do much with that file as it uses Unchained and I don't have that expansion for HL. Send me the .hlfg file that is created by 'Save Custom Output'.. and I can take it from there.
I will need your PFS# and starting gold.

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 03:44
I don't know for sure, but judging on the signature, I would guess teamspeak?
That is correct. We'll be using the FG Teamspeak server for voice. The info is listed in my signature... and the password is Dungeoneers

I'll need a character for Bansidhe tonight if he plans to play. I'm not going to mess about with getting a starting character ready to play at gametime and I won't be awake much before the game... so the sooner the better on that front.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 04:12
Hi! Please check that same directory I linked you earlier. It now has a PDF export and a HLFG. My # is 27079 and I have 14 of my 150 gold remaining at start. All of that should be in the files though. :)

JackalAion
March 10th, 2018, 04:18
Hi! Please check that same directory I linked you earlier. It now has a PDF export and a HLFG.

You can convert the .hlfg into a .xml with the character converter.

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 04:38
Already done and uploaded.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 05:06
Bansidhe just threw up his stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eipqnazlp0x2555/AAB0WO66pB35PagltZ1zTdKka?dl=0
it is a little rough around the edges but it should be solid enough for the time being.
See you at 6 am our time.

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 05:10
Bansidhe just threw up his stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d9878tmwn6mon26/AAC_6ZSBSxs8D3MvG3q6EBsEa?dl=0
it is a little rough around the edges but it should be solid enough for the time being.I'm going to need his PFS#

Bansidhe
March 10th, 2018, 05:24
I'm going to need his PFS#

It is in the stuff I passed off and is 2656.
The character I threw together but I am very willing to play a PreGen tomorrow since I didn't get a whole lot of time to think about a character. Don't know if we have any slots that need filling or if PreGens would be a problem for you.

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 05:41
It is in the stuff I passed off and is 2656.
The character I threw together but I am very willing to play a PreGen tomorrow since I didn't get a whole lot of time to think about a character. Don't know if we have any slots that need filling or if PreGens would be a problem for you.
Your character is mostly all set except she is WAY overladen with gear and I can't see her second HEX in the .hlfg file. The .por seems to be no longer available to download.

Blackfoot
March 10th, 2018, 20:27
I forgot that the other thing I need to know is all of the new character's factions.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 20:31
Figured you needed that, it is in my notes section with what I bought.

Lallatwiddle
March 10th, 2018, 21:29
Just found out that Liberty's Edge is supposed to treat all Andoran's as Liberty's Edge in season's 0-5. Is this what you did for us Blackboot?

Bansidhe
March 10th, 2018, 23:03
I would be the Dark Archive.

Blackfoot
March 12th, 2018, 02:02
Emails should be out to all PCs at this point regarding chronicle info.

JackalAion
March 12th, 2018, 02:39
Emails should be out to all PCs at this point regarding chronicle info.

Yup. Thanks Blackfoot