PDA

View Full Version : Show hp & class over portraits

freckle_smoker
April 8th, 2006, 16:21
I think that when you put the mouse pointer over a pcs portrait it should show the hps & class of that pc . as a cleric I get really confused of who has less hps than others . it would definately speed game time up imo. thanks for any reps .

richvalle
April 8th, 2006, 16:33
Nice idea but...

What about for those multi-classed characters with 2 or 3 PRC's?

Not everyone lets other players know what the players excact hp's are. I saw where someone had rules in place for what health someone was at based on % of their current hp's. So if at 50% hp's they were 'moderatly' wounded.

rv

Griogre
April 8th, 2006, 23:38
I'm one of those person's who don't like direct discussion of hp values most of the time. I would rather see a level or gauge under or around the portrait which show percent of remaining of max hp. Bonus for color shading corresponding to severity of wounds.

For me, I would like a band all round the portrait like a clock. At 25% of hp the band would be from 12 to 3, at 50% 12 to 6, at 75% 12 to 9 and so on. This would take up very little space and allow you to see at a glance who is hurt.

I'll admit this in much more elaborate than the tool tip the original poster was asking for, though.

richvalle
April 9th, 2006, 02:00
Ohhh, thats nice. I like that.

I didn't let a player know if a character was dead/dying from just looking at him from 20 feet away. The charcter had just about 0 (or 0) points in Heal skill, I figured there was no way he could tell at a glance how the character was doing.

rv

freckle_smoker
April 9th, 2006, 02:45
Yes that would be perfect Griogre .

festivus
April 15th, 2006, 04:35
I just have them do a heal check (just like you would in tabletop), and I will give them a degree of hurt (lightly, moderatly, seriously, critically, etc)... of course that corresponds with what heal spell they would need to use to patch em up. If they roll poorly they guess worse (e.g. might only look light to the cleric but he's really moderatly wounded).

richvalle
April 16th, 2006, 00:02
With what as the DC?

festivus
April 19th, 2006, 05:11
Well, a DC15 is your basic first aid (used as a knowledge check in this case). I use that as the DC to tell you exactly how wounded the person is. Adjust from there. It's not in any book, it's just a rule of thumb I came up with because I hate saying "He has only 5 hp left."