PDA

View Full Version : How to use DMG Reduction on PC character sheet main tab?

Azaran
March 4th, 2018, 10:04
I'm running a slightly watered down starship combat with the starships as PCs and NPCs until the full starship system is operational.

To save time and admin, i'm using a DR effect on each ship to signify thier sheilds, and where a ship would have 5 shields all round, i'm just giving it an overall DR:5 which is reduced overall by the critical damage to the shield generator (where if critical damage gets through, i roll a second D100 for a 50/50 that it also applies critical damage to the shield generator thus reducing the shields by 33% for each level) and also controlling this handily on the PC starship sheet (awesome)

To save me adding a DR:5 effect every time i drop the ship on the sheet, I thought i might be able to use the DMG Reduction down in the resolve system section of the main tab, but I just can't figure out how to use it, or if it's functioning yet.

Az.

Blahness98
March 4th, 2018, 17:28
I didn't think the DR effect tag was working correctly, but if it is working for ship sheets something must be odd with the tracker.

I believe the line you are talking about is only informational as it does not generate the proper effect on the tracker if a PC is placed in it after putting something in that field. But, only the Devs would know for sure what it does.

Azaran
March 5th, 2018, 01:19
The DR tag works fine if you don't specify damage type on it, or the weapon attacks. So manual weapon attacks vs eac and only DR:5 in the effect.

The reason the DR effect doesn't work is because it needs to recognise the damage type