PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Rules and FG

ShadeRaven
March 3rd, 2018, 16:00
I though I remember reading somewhere along the way here that buying Starfinder for FG also includes the PDF of the rules? Perhaps I got that wrong.

We have a group that's interested in trying something different so I am looking at Starfinder to fit this bill. I have a Paizo account already linked to FG, but haven't purchased any Starfinder products as of yet. What I am most interested in is having PDF and FG versions of the game system that would allow me to read the rules at my leisure on an iPad or Kindle while still enjoying the game on FG with friends. And I'd like to do this in the most cost efficient way.

Thus, I come here in hopes of being directed to the best avenue to accomplish above said goals.

Thank you in advance!
SR

ddavison
March 3rd, 2018, 16:13
Hello ShadeRaven,

For all Paizo products, you have two options for purchase with a linked Paizo account.

Option #1. Buy at full price at fantasygrounds.com, sync your purchase back to Paizo and get the PDF added to your account at Paizo

Option #2. Buy the PDF at Paizo.com, sync the purchase back to FG, add the FG version to your cart and see a discount equivalent to the PDF price added to the shopping cart.

Azaran
March 4th, 2018, 09:53
Hello ShadeRaven,

For all Paizo products, you have two options for purchase with a linked Paizo account.

Option #1. Buy at full price at fantasygrounds.com, sync your purchase back to Paizo and get the PDF added to your account at Paizo

Option #2. Buy the PDF at Paizo.com, sync the purchase back to FG, add the FG version to your cart and see a discount equivalent to the PDF price added to the shopping cart.

Love the way this works, and wish all ruleset publishers would be as good as Paizo at this. I have everything i need in FG, plus on my tablet, the full PDFs while we play.

damned
March 4th, 2018, 11:36
Some of the others already do that just not formally.
Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Castles and Crusades are all kinda priced at the same level as the PDFs which are roughly half the price of the physical copies.
So you can buy both (separately) for the same price as the physical which is how the Paizo product is priced - eg same price as Physical.

ShadeRaven
March 4th, 2018, 17:59
Excellent! Perfect.