PDA

View Full Version : Activating my pathfinder books when im not gm

Falraen
March 3rd, 2018, 15:09
Hey!

I have read some posts and my understanding is that i should be able to use my core rule book, ultimate magic and advanced book in a game where i am not the gm.
This should be doable with the gm going into his library and somehow allowing me to use them. However he says that they dont show up in his modules.
I really would like to be able to use my books since i paid a lot for them.

dberkompas
March 3rd, 2018, 15:16
Does your GM own them? If not, they're not going to appear in his library.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 15:18
It looks like these books may have been flagged differently than usual. I'm checking with the devs...

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 15:20
Does your GM own them? If not, they're not going to appear in his library.
If the module is flagged as a player accessible resource then they will appear to the GM as an option for the GM to allow access to those that own them.

The issue here is that these modules appear to not be flagged as player accessible.

The process is mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42631-cant-enable-player-content&p=378764&viewfull=1#post378764

dberkompas
March 3rd, 2018, 15:23
I didn't know that, thanks Trenloe. I'm learning new things daily!!

Dave

Bidmaron
March 3rd, 2018, 15:23
Trenloe, what does one need to do to flag a module as player-accessible?

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 15:24
Trenloe, what does one need to do to flag a module as player-accessible?
The data file needs to be client.xml not db.xml

Falraen
March 3rd, 2018, 18:10
So if i go and change db.xml to client.xml it will work or is this not possible since its paid module?

Edit:
Seems its not possible since the paid stuff seems to be password protected.
Is it intended they are this way or will this be fixed?

LordEntrails
March 3rd, 2018, 18:12
It is intended that they are protected. It is not intended that they are not accessible. They will be fixed. No ETA.

Falraen
March 3rd, 2018, 18:36
Ok that answers my question. Thanks!

Nickademus
March 3rd, 2018, 21:54
It is intended that they are protected. It is not intended that they are not accessible. They will be fixed. No ETA.

Yes, it IS intended that they are not accessible. Don't expect to ever access the encrypted files.

The updates are usually pushed every few weeks as a batch fix.

damned
March 4th, 2018, 00:15
Yes, it IS intended that they are not accessible. Don't expect to ever access the encrypted files.

The updates are usually pushed every few weeks as a batch fix.

Different interpretation. LordEntrails was saying that it is not intended for the modules not to be accessible to players. You are saying it is intended for the module content/etc to not be accessible outside FG. Both are of course correct.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2018, 17:57
I've been told the required changes will be made with the Tuesday data update.