PDA

View Full Version : FG Con 12 PFS / SFS GM Muster

KevenSimmons
March 3rd, 2018, 12:49
Opening a thread for GMs to discuss their plans for Pathfinder Society / Starfinder Society games during FG Con 12.

I will be running at least one PFS table - maybe two (one higher tier, one lower)

Also - VC Jesse Davis sent out an email yesterday to previous FG Con GM's with logistics information, but I've seen email spam filters flag messages he sends via his pathfindersocietyonline.com email address - so check your Junk/Spam folder if you don't see an email from him in your inbox.

aellongm
March 3rd, 2018, 14:14
I was thinking of running a session or two. Likely SF if I can find the time to do modules before then

Talen
March 3rd, 2018, 18:51
At minimum, I will run SFS 1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! for Starfinder Society. (tier 1-4, no ship combat)

Malkavian_Andi
March 3rd, 2018, 19:17
Since there has been announcement they want to try out Discord this time, does anyone know whether using Discord will be mandatory? I don't think I will run anything using Discord, because my connection to Discord tends to be too bad to do the amount of talking a GM has to do.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 19:21
Since there has been announcement they want to try out Discord this time, does anyone know whether using Discord will be mandatory?
Sorry but it is mandatory. Any voice comms for FG Con must use the specific FG Discord server. There would be too much confusion and gnashing of teeth if people start spreading out over other servers or technologies. Sorry, but we don't make any exceptions, for whatever reason. If one person runs somewhere else, then lots will want to.

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 19:21
because my connection to Discord tends to be too bad to do the amount of talking a GM has to do.
Is there anything anyone can help with to test this out and get it working reliably for you?

Malkavian_Andi
March 3rd, 2018, 19:30
Is there anything anyone can help with to test this out and get it working reliably for you?

I don't think there is. I played several games using Discord, and for some reason, it just stops sending what I say at random times. It's not that much of a problem when I'm a player, although annoying, but I can still listen to everyone and have to disconnect and reconnect sometimes. But if I want to run something, especially in a tight time-slot, that would slow things down too much.
Maybe I'll think about buying a new mobile device (either tablet or phone) and try running Discord there.

bigboom
March 4th, 2018, 16:38
If you're using Discord via the web browser, then try downloading and installing the client. When I first used Discord via the web browser, the sound quality was absolutely awful. But someone suggested I install the Discord client and after trying that, I've had no problem. For me, the sound quality of TeamSpeak and Discord are now the same.

Malkavian_Andi
March 4th, 2018, 18:39
I tried installing the client, a few times actually, but that doesn't work for some reason.
As I mentioned, if I happen to buy a new mobile device, I'll try installing there, maybe that works.

Shaudius
March 7th, 2018, 15:24
I'm considering running AP1 in a one day session on Sunday.

KevenSimmons
March 8th, 2018, 12:10
I'm planning to run #9-11 The Jarlsblood Witch Saga [Tier 5-9] - probably in slot #2 on Sunday (13:00-18:00 UTC)

Lord Kavos
March 13th, 2018, 02:47
Hi Guys,

I will GM a couple of scenarios - 9-05 Call of the Copper Gate & 9-09 Beyond the Halflight Path.

As 9-09 is an evergreen, I have booked 2 sessions for this one, so running 3 in total. I ran the City of Strangers mods a few FG cons back, so will be fun to return to Kaer Maga...

KevenSimmons
March 13th, 2018, 12:03
To all that are planning to run a game, don't forget to register your games on the Society's Organized play site. I think this is the list that will be used to qualify for Paizo support. I'm not sure of the logistics on the Paizo side, but I *think* the table minimum is required to get the free modules - so register there even if you don't need the free module yourself because the table count will be used for others to qualify.

https://orgplayonline.com/fgcon12/submitgame.php (https://orgplayonline.com/fgcon12/submitgame.php)

Deadline is this Wednesday - March 14th at noon PDT (19:00 UTC)