PDA

View Full Version : Trackers for more than spells

Belmartel
March 2nd, 2018, 11:22
In 5e having trackers for spell slots for casters is good. Could we possibly get trackers for Barbarian rages, Monk's ki points, Fighter's superiority dice, & sorcerer's points. Is there an extension for this?

Axoid
March 2nd, 2018, 11:38
You can most, if not all, of those already by grouping those abilities in their own power groups. Set the group, not each individual ability, to "X" uses per day/rest/ect. Then as you use the abilities it "tracks" the uses for the entire group.

I've done this for all the things you listed in your post.

Nylanfs
March 2nd, 2018, 12:21
And check out the "Complete" series listed in the stickys the 5e forums.

Zacchaeus
March 2nd, 2018, 16:21
You can also click on the mode button at the bottom left of the actions tab until it says 'Preparation'. You can now set each individual action to a number per day/rest/once.

someoneinatree
March 5th, 2018, 01:42
You can most, if not all, of those already by grouping those abilities in their own power groups. Set the group, not each individual ability, to "X" uses per day/rest/ect. Then as you use the abilities it "tracks" the uses for the entire group.

I only worry about giving stuff its own group when there are multiple effects for one power (so Channel Divinity, Ki, Superiority Dice etc.) fit this. Something like Rage you can do in Preparation mode at the individual power level.

Minty23185Fresh
March 9th, 2018, 17:27
In 5e having trackers for spell slots for casters is good. Could we possibly get trackers for Barbarian rages, Monk's ki points, Fighter's superiority dice, & sorcerer's points. Is there an extension for this?

Given the other responses in this thread, I feel as though I am missing something. To me it appears as if the responses are suggesting remedies that don't actually address the original question by Belmartel. So I'll chime in.

Belmartel, if I understand your question, I believe I have implemented exactly what you're asking for, for the Unearthed Arcana Mystic Class. Here is a screenshot of the modifications my extension added to the Actions tab of the Character Sheet. The extension sets the Psi Points by level and clears them upon the appropriate rest duration. (More details can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40324-Mystic-Class-(from-Unearthed-Arcana)-Implementor-Extension-and-Module/page3) post#22.)
I'm currently playing a Monk and constantly think to myself, it sure would be nice if the Ki Points were handled just like the Mystic's Psi Points. I hope to start working on a new extension soon.

Axoid
March 9th, 2018, 22:08
I think the point of the majority of the posts is you can accomplish what he needs without the use of an extension. For anything that has a shared allotment of points (Ki and Channel Divinity for example) and abilities that share those points, you can get the same end result by setting up a group for those abilities. For one-offs, just set the individual ability to have X number of uses per period.

Minty23185Fresh
March 10th, 2018, 04:15
I think the point of the majority of the posts is you can accomplish what he needs without the use of an extension. For anything that has a shared allotment of points (Ki and Channel Divinity for example) and abilities that share those points, you can get the same end result by setting up a group for those abilities. For one-offs, just set the individual ability to have X number of uses per period.

Okay. Good. Thank you. I wasn't missing anything.
I could also keep track of the Ki points (or what ever) with paper and pencil. Doesn't mean I find those work-around methods palatable.

EDIT: In post #5 this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42856-WindowList-getWindows()-and-invisibility&p=381011#post381011), I detail why I find this implementation of ability points unpalatable.