PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern Pulp Campaign to begin, set in Pellucidar

Citrean
April 6th, 2006, 21:05
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=60

In addition to the D20 Modern rules, I will be using Thrilling Tales and Adventure! supplements. If you are interested in getting involved in this, it will be for up to six players, and I am hoping to get everyone orgainzed by May. I am getting everything prepared well in advance as I have two other games that I DM .

Information on this amazing E.R.Burroughs setting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellucidar

Feel free to ask questions

Will be great fun

ghedrain
April 7th, 2006, 08:32
About what time of day and time zone will you be hosting this campaign?

Thelgar
April 9th, 2006, 08:18
If the time changes, I'd be all over this. 9-5 on a weekday is rough for me. :(

Citrean
April 21st, 2006, 03:08
Been out of circulation for a couple of days. I am EST(GMT -5:00). My preference for this game will be weekends.

Citrean
April 21st, 2006, 23:13
More information: We will be using D20 Modern:Past, rather than the Adventure! rules. There will be a 28 point buy, and due to the time period (1931) the following advanced classes are restricted: Field Scientist, Techie, Field Medic.

Additional changes: the Investigator advanced class is replaced with the Gumshoe, and the Battle Mind with the Mesmerist.

The following "thrilling tales" advanced classes will be acceptable:
Ace Reporter,
Big Game Hunter,
GumShoe,
G-Man,
Fortune Hunter,
Mad Scientist,
Man of Mystery,
Mastermind,
Mesmerist,
and Noble Savage.
I have the material available for these additional classes so let me know if there is an interest and I will provide the stats and explanations.

Note on playtimes:
My current schedule is open other than the two games I will be running. We will see what the common availability is for everyone involved, and can decide from there.

Further details will be posted on the Calendar.

Room for more, Come join the fun

Dralha
April 27th, 2006, 21:16
Looks like a cool game. Does an advanced class have to be used, or can we use the base d20 modern ones (smart, fast, tough, etc.)?

Citrean
April 28th, 2006, 02:08
You will have to start with a base class but is a good idea to have a "career path" in mind. So yes, the smart, fast, tough etc. would be your initial character, and just work in your occupation to fit what you want to be (makeing sure that the base class you select will fulfill the pre-requisits of the desired advanced class).

Citrean
April 29th, 2006, 15:03
More good news: Digital Adventures will be sponsoring this game, Thore provided the D20:Modern rule-set.

I will write my review of the rules in the Armory section so it will get more visibility and feedback.

ByteBandit
April 29th, 2006, 19:26
I'd certainly be very interested in joining this game depending on day/time. Suppose I need to get a copy of 'd20 Modern: Past' now, I've only got Core Rules and Future.

Citrean
April 29th, 2006, 19:43
ByteBandit: We are shooting for Weekend on this game, preferably on Saturdays but still waiting for everyone interested to sign up and weigh in with schedules. You are welcome to join in, of course. Still plenty of room. We are looking to start next week (the 6th). And as for owning the Past book, it is not required. You should be able to enjoy this adventure without it.

:)