PDA

View Full Version : LFG: Newish guy LF 5E Evening Games UK[GMT+0]

Taidan
February 28th, 2018, 19:49
Behold! The Template:

FG License: Full License.
Time Zone: GMT+0(UK)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally looking for some between 8pm-1am on weekdays, or after 7pm on weekends. Happy to play once or twice per week.
Term: Until the bitter, bitter end.
Voice: Happy to voice-chat using any of the mainstream chat clients, or stick to just text. (Although I may have to speak quietly at times, due to the missus demanding that we keep our PC in our front room, for fear of never, ever seeing me again.)

Game System Preferred: Looking to play some D&D 5E, at least to start with. (And preferably run through the pre-written modules at first.) I'll be happy to experiment with other systems once I've scratched that itch.
Game System Experience: I've read through the PHB, but have no practical experience with 5E. I did used to play D&D Basic 25 years ago, for what it's worth.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Not much. I've watched through many YouTube tutorials, but will probably need some guidance on the finer points.

Character Type Preferred: I'm a big fan of support roles, usually sticking with the Cleric/Druid classes, but I'd be quite happy to play a Fighter or Warlock (or pretty much anything) if it makes the party's life easier.

About me: Hi, I'm Dave. I used to play D&D Basic with friends at some point in the early 90's, but eventually gave it up after some "less than ideal" experiences. (Yeah, some of them were clearly using the game to work out some teenage boy-type "issues". Getting derailed for an entire session over the subject of who's getting off with the princess first was a low point.) After almost jumping back in to the hobby on several occasions over the last five years, I decided enough was enough, ordered myself a D&D Starter box, a PHB and a some other books and accessories, was very impressed by the new rules, and... was immediately thwarted by indifference from my immediate circle, and a lack of gaming groups in my area. Now I've discovered Fantasy Grounds, and I'm bloody determined to find a fun group of people to slay monsters with.

I'd prefer a relaxed setting, I'm not religious about staying in character 100% of the time, and I'm not a big fan of voice acting things out. (Although I'm happy if everybody else wants to do so.) I do like Dungeon Crawls of all shapes and sizes, with all of the exploration and problem-solving that entails, and would be overjoyed to find a group who want to play through some of the classic modules and recent releases that I've missed out on over the years. I'd quite like to start off with a Lost Mine of Phandelver run, if enough people are interested, but would honestly be happy to play whatever at this point.

(And to head off the first inevitable reply I keep seeing... Yes, I'm in the FG College Discord group, been lurking for a couple of weeks. I'm just waiting for a GMT+0 evening class to occur. Thanks though!)

Thanks for your time.

Artaron
March 1st, 2018, 12:13
Hi Dave, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds !

I think we might have a spot left on our Sunday 7.30pm UK game of D&D 5e Adventures in Middle Earth.
We have a fantastic GM and we're friendly and helpful to new players.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42504-LFP-Adventures-in-Middle-earth-(5th-Edition)-UK-Sundays

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2536

Billypilgrim
March 3rd, 2018, 02:38
Hi there Dave, here is a short snip of my upcoming campaign feel free to stop by and see if its a good fit. If not the community is a great place to start looking for a game.

"Urchin Kings" is a 5e Campaign with homebrew elements and is intended for players that want the chance to explore the shadows of a massive city, build a thieves guild, or just indulge in the shady side of adventuring life. All in a self-directed, rail-less sandbox. Using Fantasy Grounds.

From the political power players of Sea Ward down through the miles of sewers and into "Undermountain" the deepest dungeon of them all, Waterdeep is a story hook made of small hooks on a mountain of hooks, having an endless stream of adventures available.

Even with this campaign focusing on a less than "heroic" side of adventuring it will be a respectful environment.

Session 0 will be 3/11 at 12:00 pm (noon) CST 6:00 PM GMT(I will have the campaign open and running around 9 am CST to start talking to people and asking questions) Please join this discord link for the Channel where games will take place in. ( https://discord.gg/45KzkN )
If we have more people then can play in a single party we will talk during session 0 about a second day or semi West March style sessions.

Please do not make characters in advance.