PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG based Extention: ReadyCheck

celestian
February 28th, 2018, 07:06
This extension should work with any CoreRPG based ruleset. I've tested with CoreRPG and 5e. (AD&D Core has this functionality built in so don't use it there).

The extension is simple. It allows the host/DM to enter the command /readycheck and each user connected will get a audible alert and a window popup asking if they are "READY".

The Host/DM will see as each user indicates they are ready and see who it was. Once everyone has selected READY a audible alert will be sent to the DM.

5E visual style:
Player Celestian indicated he was ready by pressing the "I AM READY" button and the player window closed. DM's version of the menu now shows Celestian "checked" to indicate ready.
https://i.imgur.com/u17ZpKP.png

The Github repo can be found here (for source/beta versions/etc)
https://github.com/CelestianGC/ReadyCheck

Version 1.0.
update 1.2: Changed display of READY status on DM side for better visibility.
update 1.3: Use portrait for character and name of connected user. (see new image above).

Download Extension here:

Erin Righ
February 28th, 2018, 07:18
Very cool mate

Bidmaron
February 28th, 2018, 15:49
Celestian, thanks for all your community work. I nominate you for the honorary title “Treasure to the Community”

celestian
February 28th, 2018, 16:02
Celestian, thanks for all your community work. I nominate you for the honorary title “Treasure to the Community”

Appreciate the thought. I just find things I'd like to tweak, change or add (minor in this case) and obsess on it till I figure out how to get it working. It's a fun challenge sometimes... and then hope someone other than me can use it also ;)

madman
February 28th, 2018, 16:41
Very cool, I will use this in my next game.
Thanks celestian

Madman..

celestian
March 11th, 2018, 06:37
Got to use /readycheck tonight after our first break and it worked out great. No question who was back ;)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/351067122505613322/422242368599883777/unknown.png

mozmonar
March 19th, 2018, 01:13
celestian, haven't had a chance to try this one. I have a question though. Does this poll every Player Character the client PC is controlling or just every client Computer?

celestian
March 19th, 2018, 01:41
celestian, haven't had a chance to try this one. I have a question though. Does this poll every Player Character the client PC is controlling or just every client Computer?

It's user base, not character base. You'll note the "names" are their login/connection names not character names.

mozmonar
March 19th, 2018, 01:47
It's user base, not character base. You'll note the "names" are their login/connection names not character names.

I kind of assumed that but wasn't positive. My curiosity was whether or not I could repurpose some of the code for the work I am doing on SotDL. In that system characters declare fast or slow turns at the start of the round.

TimeLord5
April 9th, 2018, 22:16
How do I download? I logged in and attempted to click on 'download here' but its not linked....

celestian
April 9th, 2018, 23:24
How do I download? I logged in and attempted to click on 'download here' but its not linked....

Click here in the FIRST post where the red arrow is pointing.

https://i.imgur.com/9NfIa1q.png

damned
April 9th, 2018, 23:30
hi TimeLord5 please scroll down to the bottom fo the page and choose Full Site or the FGResponsive theme and then try to download.

TimeLord5
April 9th, 2018, 23:34
Nevermind... thanks for the advice. Haven't been here since the forum 'upgrade', but man that was confusing and not intuitive.

TriOpticon
April 9th, 2018, 23:36
I always use Chrome with this message board without any problems. I am using the FGResponsive theme as damned suggested.

damned
April 10th, 2018, 01:18
I find my browser glitches at least once a week and I end up in some other theme which doesnt work.

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 04:53
Update 1.2:

* Changed display of READY status on DM side for better visibility.

rob2e
April 21st, 2018, 03:45
"update 1.2: Changed display of READY status on DM side for better visibility. "

And us OLDS very much appreciate it.

Valyar
April 22nd, 2018, 09:44
"update 1.2: Changed display of READY status on DM side for better visibility. "

And us OLDS very much appreciate it.

Word! :D

JohnD
May 6th, 2018, 02:19
Thank you for this.

Bonkon
May 6th, 2018, 19:53
I used this for the players in my game last week and they thought it was awesome :) Beats the old calling for people over TeamSpeak after a bio break until they answer :)
Now if there was just an extension to stop players going on stealth AFK right before I surprise them in the game. The best is when we spend 1-2 min calling them over and over then they pop in and say "I have been here" really???? :)

celestian
May 6th, 2018, 19:55
I used this for the players in my game last week and they thought it was awesome :) Beats the old calling for people over TeamSpeak after a bio break until they answer :)
Now if there was just an extension to stop players going on stealth AFK right before I surprise them in the game. The best is when we spend 1-2 min calling them over and over then they pop in and say "I have been here" really???? :)

I think you'd need a remote control taser for that.

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2018, 20:07
I think you'd need a remote control taser for that.
'Here, drape this metal mesh cloth over your chair before you sit down. Then plug in the cord to your USB port. Don't worry about what it's for...'

Bonkon
May 7th, 2018, 05:53
'Here, drape this metal mesh cloth over your chair before you sit down. Then plug in the cord to your USB port. Don't worry about what it's for...'

Hmmmm that just might work for some of my players :)

Tielc
October 24th, 2018, 14:23
Is there any possibility of moving the text down slightly? The first name in the list is clipped when using the Wizards Theme.

celestian
October 24th, 2018, 15:28
Is there any possibility of moving the text down slightly? The first name in the list is clipped when using the Wizards Theme.

More than likely it'd throw off the ones w/o that large banner...I'll tinker with it when I get the chance and see what I can do.

celestian
December 22nd, 2018, 07:32
Update 1.3:

Use portrait for character and name of connected user.

https://i.imgur.com/u17ZpKP.png

Not a big update, just was checking it to make sure nothing broke in 3.3.7 and remembered I said I was going to use portrait.

rob2e
December 22nd, 2018, 08:32
Nice!

Rades
August 29th, 2019, 20:22
I've been using a /vote Everybody back? but this seems infinitely better! Thanks!

Beemanpat
December 9th, 2019, 16:14
This is a great extension. I used not only for a bio breaks but for when conversations devolved its was a nifty to interject without yelling over the confusion.

Thanks a bunch.

JayceStorm
April 5th, 2020, 03:20
Will this be updated for FGU?

damned
April 5th, 2020, 03:52

Celestian has stated that he wont be spending much time on FGU extensions until it is out f Early Access / Beta.

celestian
April 5th, 2020, 05:58

I'm guessing from your comment it doesn't work currently?

JayceStorm
April 5th, 2020, 20:09
I'm guessing from your comment it doesn't work currently?
I DL'd the file again and was able to get it working so I'm good at this point. Not sure if I had an older version or something was wrong with the file but it seems to work fine now in FGU.

Moriarity
June 1st, 2020, 10:43
Excellent! This will get a lot of use from my group. Thanks

Granamere
July 16th, 2020, 23:09
Thank you this is awesome!

viviolay
July 17th, 2020, 12:29
I really enjoy this extension and love the visual feedback of seeing the character portraits next to the check off mark.

I wanted to make a suggestion if that is okay. I thought, once players check off "I am ready", it'd be nice if they see the same checklist as the DM - so they know which of their fellow peers are back and ready or not. I didn't realize players didn't get this visual until I was on the player end of this use. For now, I screenshare my FG screen so players can see who is ready and know why I may not have started speaking yet as I wait for those last 1-2 players.

grimmlock
December 16th, 2020, 19:04
It looks like a recent FGU update has caused Ready Check to no longer work properly. The players get just a blank window.

Using Core RPG only, only extension loaded is Ready Check, GM on the left and Player on the Right.
https://i.imgur.com/NDhazHk.jpg

Edit: It appears that this has to do with the window being written on the player side. I resized the window as a player, and then the button showed up:
https://i.imgur.com/UZrRst0.jpg

celestian
December 17th, 2020, 01:43
It looks like a recent FGU update has caused Ready Check to no longer work properly. The players get just a blank window.

It's a bug with FGU.

If they resize the window the button will show.

I am told there is a update for FGU to fix this coming.

KevenSimmons
January 9th, 2021, 12:39
I was just made aware of this extension and I'm definitely going to be using it - Thanks for your efforts !

I will second the comment by viviolay however - it would be awesome if the players could also see the results of the voting

Werewolf668
February 21st, 2021, 09:20

TheDarkMantle
March 15th, 2021, 04:02
I was getting the same error as Werewolf. Error on line 36.

Using Savage Worlds ruleset on Unity.

celestian
March 15th, 2021, 08:02
I was getting the same error as Werewolf. Error on line 36.

Using Savage Worlds ruleset on Unity.

Savage Worlds tends to have a lot of it's own custom code. I've several extensions that will not work with that ruleset due to deviations from CoreRPG.

Daleus
March 8th, 2023, 16:43
Any news on this extension?

I'm not sure when but a recent update had rendered it inoperable. Like everyone else who uses it, my players and I find it invaluable.

Thanks.

PS I'm using the Castles and Crusades ruleset, where it has previously worked without problem.

celestian
March 8th, 2023, 20:34
Any news on this extension?

I'm not sure when but a recent update had rendered it inoperable. Like everyone else who uses it, my players and I find it invaluable.

Thanks.

PS I'm using the Castles and Crusades ruleset, where it has previously worked without problem.

I dont use C&C but /readycheck still works in CoreRPG.