PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk V (5E) - Kickstarter for the Dungeon of Graves begins tomorrow 9PM EST

Varsuuk
February 28th, 2018, 01:20
https://www.facebook.com/frog.god.games/

A lot of preview art appears above.
Also, there was an announcement that if they hit 200 in first 24 hours, there will be a nice Stretch Goal freebie given out.

From what I read, there will also be a 5E FG Module for this.

Very exciting stuff. I certainly am looking forward to dying horrifically in this...

JohnD
February 28th, 2018, 01:33
I'll be supporting if there is a FG option.

celestian
February 28th, 2018, 02:49
I'll be supporting if there is a FG option.

I pity whomever ends up making the FG module for this. It.is.huge.

Great beer and pretzel mega-dungeon !

Myrdin Potter
February 28th, 2018, 07:13
I am sure that Zhern will show up eventually and confirm it, but they are planning a FG module. Highly doubt it will be part of the kickstarter itself as Smiteworks is not super keen on kickstarter rewards including FG material as it gets complicated and can be hard to fulfill.

Even the Blight is being converted, and that is a monster of a book.

Myrdin Potter
February 28th, 2018, 07:27
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLS5_d9tL94&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully that link works.

Zhern
March 1st, 2018, 04:34
It will hit FG. Zach has been coordinating with Doug and James for it. I don't know when it will be done but I do know it is going to be realized.

Varsuuk
March 1st, 2018, 06:27
A.Beautiful.Thing.

Wish I could play it in S&W (well, REALLY 1E, but happy with S&W second) - but will be a thrill to die in any edition *looks at Myrdin*

PS, they went over 200 initial 24 hours backers in 2.5 or less hours. Probably fund before long tonight, they were at nearly 28K of 30K goal 4.5 hours or so past open.
The VTT maps KS did like 31K alone.
Of course, the first one for S&W and PFRPG hit 246K or 25K goal.

So, I expect good things :)

Myrdin Potter
March 1st, 2018, 21:07
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk-reborn-for-fifth-edition-go-down-the

That is the link to the Kickstarter. It is doing well, over 500 backers and counting

Varsuuk
March 2nd, 2018, 21:00
They also offer things like VTT tokens for $10 a pack which you can get by pledging $5 (gets you free digital rewards as well) or by latching into a friend’s current pledge and have them add your purchases to their pledge (but then you miss out on cool wallpapers, d20 modules, player pdfs etc)

Link is above via Myrdin. Very exciting campaign now idea how high it will reach. At 72K and. 700+ pledgers after about 43 hours.

Blahness98
March 2nd, 2018, 21:41
I backed it and I don't even play 5e. I love everything the Frogs put out so everything they are instant backed.

celestian
March 2nd, 2018, 22:40
I backed it and I don't even play 5e. I love everything the Frogs put out so everything they are instant backed.

Not a 5e player/DM either. I backed it for the S&W extras that are getting added with this revision.

donpaulo
March 3rd, 2018, 09:37
Looks very promising

Will most likely join in the campaign soon enough :)

Varsuuk
March 4th, 2018, 23:10
Are these sort of Kicktracker sigs allowed as Sigs or do they slow things or waste bandwidth?

Nevermind... it’s a bit to physically big to have at bottom of every post during the campaign for my tastes. NM. Leaving this one here, well because it is the right thread for it.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk-reborn-for-fifth-edition-go-down-the/minichart.png (https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk-reborn-for-fifth-edition-go-down-the/)

Varsuuk
March 8th, 2018, 18:11
PS... I hear a lot of people asking about Unity. That’s great and all... but...

Are you done with Rappan Athuk Reborn yet?

*giggles and runs away*

No, really though, very excited to hear our in-house pros are giving it the full treatment. This could be quite the coup :)

Myrdin Potter
March 20th, 2018, 20:07
We don’t see it much here as customers, but I have talked to a few RPG companies over the years (and convinced a few to make materials available here). Across the board SmiteWorks has a very good reputation of not only being pretty easy to work with but for paying on time regular as clockwork. I have been entering the sample “mouth of doom” level into FG, but I certainly will but the complete module from the store to save time and effort.

Myrdin Potter
March 23rd, 2018, 06:29
I have brought the sample 5e level that was released as part of the maps Kickstarter into Fantasy Grounds and will be running it during FG-Con. This is 7 AM pacific time on the first Friday, so not great for most USA players, but it is when I am available.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/5e-rappan-athuk-the-dungeon-of-graves-the-mouth-of-doom/

Varsuuk
March 23rd, 2018, 07:14
I have brought the sample 5e level that was released as part of the maps Kickstarter into Fantasy Grounds and will be running it during FG-Con. This is 7 AM pacific time on the first Friday, so not great for most USA players, but it is when I am available.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/5e-rappan-athuk-the-dungeon-of-graves-the-mouth-of-doom/

10AM EST isn't bad. Except it is, as you said, a Friday. I work with great folks - but not great enough to let me game there hahah.
I will have to wait until next time :)

Nylanfs
March 23rd, 2018, 15:20
Thursday: <COUGH><COUGH> I think I might be coming down with something, I might not be in to work tomorrow

Varsuuk
March 25th, 2018, 00:32
Lol posted in wrong Erin - saw Mike’s RA post on my small phone screen. Never mind ;)

Varsuuk
March 25th, 2018, 01:59
Getting near the end, just hit another free PDF (d20) and already has several KS-only addons - they also unlocked a pair of VTT token packs.

Best deal on the printed maps + JPGs as well, better than the one offered in the Maps KS actually.

Pass the word on social media and gaming sites. It’s a new 5E version but they added the new stuff to SW/PF for anyone who wants to buy the new stuff for those or as well. 5-6 days left!

Myrdin Potter
March 29th, 2018, 00:42
Going into the final 48 hours. Even Mike Mearls is backing this. Don’t be left out, send your friends down the well!

Varsuuk
March 29th, 2018, 00:58
I’m picturing a weird Children of the Corn th No with folks chants no “send them down he well. Down the well!”

Have never read it or played it but if I see a well. I am steering quite clear... damn spoilers, but I think I know a rogue who will likely end up job moving down the well... it’s just his style...

JohnD
March 29th, 2018, 02:42
I am 1474.

Varsuuk
March 29th, 2018, 19:39
Awesome, thanks whoever for editing the title.

A little over a day left! They’ve added some more reachable stretch goals and we have already shot through 2 others today.

Seriously consider this - Mike Mearls was even tweeting about it.

Even if you do NOT want the 5E version (for which SW is creating an FG module to sell here) they have lots of new content for the older PF and for S&W and have a pledge level for just the updated books and you can toss on a little more for the add-on books to help push it forward for next freebies.

Myrdin Potter
March 31st, 2018, 00:53
Into the final hour ...