PDA

View Full Version : Player character spells not showing up with the small Cast, Atk, Save, Dmg buttons

Gamolon
February 27th, 2018, 22:57
Hi folks.

Just trying to figure something out.

I am going through Fantasy Grounds on two laptops to get an understanding of how everything works from both the DM and player perspective as I will eventually be the DM for a small group. One laptop is the DM with the Ultimate subscription and one as a player. I am using the LMoP module. I have set up the High Elf Acolyte from the DM side of things and the player has taken control of it after connecting to the session. I am trying to go through combat using the Cragmaw hideout map and the Goblin Blind encounter (two goblins). The player can ctrl+click the goblins to target on the map with no problems. When I click character portrait in the upper left corner of the player's laptop and select the Actions tab of the character sheet that pops up, the spells under on that tab (Ray of Frost or Shocking Grasp for example) do not display the small Cast, Atk, Save, or Dmg buttons. If I do this same action from the DM's laptop, those small buttons appear.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 22:59
Click the mode buttons at the bottom of the player’s actions tab until it shows Combat

Gamolon
February 27th, 2018, 23:11
Click the mode buttons at the bottom of the player’s actions tab until it shows Combat
Thanks for the quick response!

I tried what you suggested, but they still don't show up. I can cycle through the modes of the character sheet from the DM laptop with no problems and see those buttons from the DM laptop, but still not on the player laptop. I see the mode change on the character laptop when I change the mode on the DM laptop. Changing the mode from either laptop does not make those buttons show up.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2018, 23:26
Can you post a screenshot showing the issue?

Gamolon
February 27th, 2018, 23:33
Can you post a screenshot showing the issue?

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 23:37
Click the display button and cycle through that. Sorry.

Gamolon
February 27th, 2018, 23:39
Click the display button and cycle through that. Sorry.
Awesome!

Thank you! That worked!

Trenloe
February 27th, 2018, 23:40
You can also click the little magnifying glasses at the right side of the spells to show the effects/actions linked to that spell. I can see that Ray of Frost and Shocking Grasp have them.

Gamolon
February 27th, 2018, 23:44
You can also click the little magnifying glasses at the right side of the spells to show the effects/actions linked to that spell. I can see that Ray of Frost and Shocking Grasp have them.
Thanks.

I'll have to remember that.

BTW, awesome product thus far! Can't wait to put it to real use.