PDA

View Full Version : *feature Request* Whisper Bell/notification

JulioIP
February 27th, 2018, 12:55
hi,
probably not the right place to post this.

But a feature request. I would like to see a bell or notification whenever you get a whisper. I like using whispers but notice they get missed so often. thought something like this might help.

Thanks

JulioJr

Trenloe
February 27th, 2018, 13:45
Feature requests are best added to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

This request has already been added. You can vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=86329

Nickademus
February 27th, 2018, 14:40
Do you use whispers as a GM? You can right-click on the portrait of someone you whisper to and choose the south option to manually ring the bell.

Talen
February 27th, 2018, 16:30
U can also use the DOE sound extension to trigger a sound automatically when a whisper is sent. The only minor downside is everyone knows a whisper was sent .....but they won't know what was sent or by whom.

Nylanfs
February 27th, 2018, 17:04
Solution: Send whispers to yourself occasionally

damned
February 27th, 2018, 23:00
I wrote an extension that changed whispers to a huge orange font because my GM at the time would always miss the whispers.

LordEntrails
February 27th, 2018, 23:10
I wrote an extension that changed whispers to a huge orange font because my GM at the time would always miss the whispers.
What? You said something?

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2018, 17:48
That why I changed them to blue speech bubbles. More obvious, but not obnoxious.

Cheers,
JPG

celestian
February 28th, 2018, 18:27
Looking at the whisper code this seems like a simple extension (unless I am missing something and I often am).

I'll see if I can't make something for this. I to miss them all the time and a "ding" when I get a whisper would be helpful.

celestian
February 28th, 2018, 21:33
I had a long conf call today and worked something out during it that I think works.

WhisperDING Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42687-CoreRPG-based-Extention-WhisperDING)

I did cursory testing and think it works but let me know if you notice any problems.

edit: well bummer, can't seem to get DING working for DM/GM/Host but it does work for players.

Eru the One
March 1st, 2018, 01:53
I hear the DING when I message the GM on Savage Worlds, although I'm testing using localhost.

celestian
March 1st, 2018, 01:57
I'm hear the DING when I message the GM on Savage Worlds, although I'm testing using localhost.

Thats because I thought User.ringbell() (w/o parameters) was for the DM/Host. It's actually "everyone". I'm going to push an update to change that shortly. Unfortunately there is no way to DING the GM/DM/Host it seems. Only clients.

Nickademus
March 1st, 2018, 02:50
I had already posted/asked previously about GM dinging and was told this. Sorry I'm late to the party.

celestian
March 1st, 2018, 04:19
I had already posted/asked previously about GM dinging and was told this. Sorry I'm late to the party.

Yeap, after I noticed some odd behavior I searched and found your thread ;)