PDA

View Full Version : General Magic Weapon Mechanics

Gix
February 27th, 2018, 03:59
If I have a magic blade which adds 1d8 necrotic damage, how can I simulate that (while pre-building the weapon so I can just drag it on) There are other spell like effects I want to put together for it, but no clue how to do this within the item itself.

For example, under certain conditions there is an AOE damage spell effect it can cast...

I figure if I was just building it on a character sheet I'd create a group of "POWERS" for that blade and then have effects set up there, ready to click.

Is there a way to integrate that into an item? If not, what is the best way to proceed so my players don't have to mess with it? (i.e., I can slap it into their sheet quickly)

The only solution I've thought of is to give the blade itself a character sheet with all the effects set up there

Gix
February 27th, 2018, 04:03
I mean, I know I can set the damage to: "1d8 slashing, 1d8 necrotic" but then the 1d8 necrotic shows up even though the blade is unidentified

damned
February 27th, 2018, 04:13
Have a look at this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 04:41
The only way to add effects to an item is via the extension damned pointed too. Note also that you cannot chain damage types in a weapon in the damage section of the item. You can only add additional damage to a weapon once it is in the character sheet by adding a new line in the damage dialog for the weapon. Or you can add the effects into a power.

Your player’s should also learn how to create effects too.