PDA

View Full Version : LFP Into the Unknown (Starfinder)

Octavious
February 26th, 2018, 03:14
Into the Unknown

Starfinder artifacts from a missing expedition into the vast are being sold in the dark depths of Absalom station. Who or what brought them
here and how did they become possesions of this mysterious who ? Perhaps with some good detective work and a fast ship you and your crew
braving the Vast may find out...or will you fall prey to the same fate as the missing Starfinders?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22427&stc=1&d=1519614685

FOR NEW PLAYERS to Starfinder

FG License: Ultimate so can connect with demo
Game System: Starfinder
Time Zone: Pacific time USA
Day of week and time: Saturday 10:00 AM
Start date: Saturday March 3
Planned Duration & Frequency: Most likely 2 sessions maybe 3

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Role-play & Combat mix: i.e. 20 RP/40 combat/40 starship combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 5 (New Players preferred to Starfinder and or FG )
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 and buy what you want with starting credits of 1000 but keep the weapons to Level 1
Character restrictions: Any race and class from core rulebook or alien archive .. NO Legacy races

"Into the Unknown" This is a short 5 part quest line introduction to Starfinder.
I am a newish GM and this is my first Starfinder game as I am not familiar with Pathfinder but have DM D&D 5e several times. I will prefer new
players to Starfinder.. The game may go slow from time to time as we may have to work out any kinks along the way .. so if your new and want
to learn as you play ... then this is the game for you .

you can roll up your character pre game and upload it at game time ro I can have the server open an hr earlier to create it then.. take the
standard 10 point buy as per rulebook.

When you apply to the game calendar use the name you want your PC to be in the game please.

Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3000

Bresnod
February 27th, 2018, 15:12
I have never played star finder and would like to learn to play.

Octavious
February 27th, 2018, 17:51
Hey Bresnod,

Sure that's what this game is about.. for new players and ones who want to learn to play , sign up on the game calendar link, if the time suits you. from the poor response so far we may have to postpone the start date until I get enough players signed in.. but it will be on a Saturday morning PST if or when enough sign up. I need 4 minimum..

Bro.T
February 28th, 2018, 01:28
I just signed up. I just finished a character creation class for SF of at FGC and I only learned about SF a couple weeks ago. Really excited about the game!

Octavious
February 28th, 2018, 16:46
Hey!
thanks for signing up Bro.T I've accepted you.. we need 2 more at least.. to begin.. hopefully by this Saturday if not we can go next Saturday..

Artaron
February 28th, 2018, 16:57
Will it be SFS legal ? Were I to play I'd love to get a chronicle sheet to later continue with that character

Octavious
February 28th, 2018, 19:14
Artaron this first go it will not be SFS legal but I would like to run it again back to back once I get my space legs for Starfinder and the second time will be SFS Legal..I have been reading the SFS guide I am not sure on a few things on my side as a GM on how to handle the records.. but I will in the future.. I used to post questions at the paizo site for starfinder but have found it to be a very "Unfriendly" place to get help. Ill post them here instead as the FG forum is very helpful and ppl go a long ways to help anyone who needs it.. but your welcome to play now or wait until next time..

Also this quest is great to up a level one SFS character to level 2 as it is a 5 quest adventure and you get to level up at 3 quests to level 2 so each quest gives you one XP and you need 3 xp to level to level 2.. so you would be able to enter a level 2 SFS game with it..

[Edit] I saw you added yourself to the game calendar I have accepted you.. 1 or 2 more to go and we have a game .( I will check the rules and see if I can get you a chronicle sheet even if others are not wanting it.. I will be running it as written so it should be legal.. I have a character I would like to have SFS legal .. as I read the rules even if I don't play it but GM I can level up a SFS character.. )

DarthPrefect
March 1st, 2018, 19:05
Hey Bresnod,

Sure that's what this game is about.. for new players and ones who want to learn to play , sign up on the game calendar link, if the time suits you. from the poor response so far we may have to postpone the start date until I get enough players signed in.. but it will be on a Saturday morning PST if or when enough sign up. I need 4 minimum..

I'm very interested in joining this game, but have prior commitments this Saturday. So if the game's start date was postponed, I'd love to join up. I'm new to both Starfinder and Fantasy Grounds, though I did do a character creation class for it at FG College.

ragansi
March 2nd, 2018, 02:11
i would love to join the game if you have room, and am really interested in playing starfinder. I am a newbler in the RPG realm, it has been a long time since i have last been involved with rpg's. i can try to play any char we need to make a group work.

Artaron
March 2nd, 2018, 02:13
Ragansi this is a module for new players which is supposed to teach the party the basics of gameplay, so you should be okay :)
Don't forget to apply on the calendar and join the Discord server.

ragansi
March 2nd, 2018, 02:20
sweet, found the calendar thingy and put myself in it :p

Octavious
March 2nd, 2018, 02:34
I'm very interested in joining this game, but have prior commitments this Saturday. So if the game's start date was postponed, I'd love to join up. I'm new to both Starfinder and Fantasy Grounds, though I did do a character creation class for it at FG College.

Hi DarthPrefect ,, it appears we are going to be ok and have the game Saturday .. I will be running this again at a later date and or some short senarios also for new people to starfinder and or FG. so maybe next time keep an eye out for next time ..

Octavious
March 2nd, 2018, 02:38
i would love to join the game if you have room, and am really interested in playing starfinder. I am a newbler in the RPG realm, it has been a long time since i have last been involved with rpg's. i can try to play any char we need to make a group work.

Ragansi, welcome aboard you have been accepted, the game will be open at 9:00 so ppl can have a chance to make a character .. if you have one already you can upload it at game time..