PDA

View Full Version : Table Parcel Question

Bidmaron
February 26th, 2018, 01:13
OK, using the standard tables feature, when you output to parcels, you can roll up the number of a particular coin by using, e.g.

[3d10] GP

but there is no way to control the number of any linked item you have, right?

That is, has anyone figured out how to roll up say d6 torches, with the torch linked as an item?

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2018, 01:19
After you add the torch item link to the table and change the output to parcel, then add a "[1d6x]" before the name in the torch line of the table.

Regards,
JPG

Bidmaron
February 26th, 2018, 01:23
I hate to be a rock, but I cannot get anything to insert before the link. I tried adding a column to the left of the link and inserting the roll there, but that just puts the roll result as a separate parcel item (i.e. you get a parcel item with the numeric result of the roll as the item name).

And if you type the roll in the link text it does nothing to the parcel.

damned
February 26th, 2018, 02:16
I hate to be a rock, but I cannot get anything to insert before the link. I tried adding a column to the left of the link and inserting the roll there, but that just puts the roll result as a separate parcel item (i.e. you get a parcel item with the numeric result of the roll as the item name).

And if you type the roll in the link text it does nothing to the parcel.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22425

Bidmaron
February 26th, 2018, 02:20
Man, I swear I tried that, but it is working now, of course.

That is an inconsistency in syntax, though, because an "x" normally means roll that many times while a number or dice specification without the "x" means a number of something. (e.g. [3d10][Table A] yields a number of things rolled once on Table A, while [3d10x][Table A] causes table A to be rolled 3d10 times).