PDA

View Full Version : cant enable player content

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 00:14
one of my players has the ultimate magic and advanced players guide it will not allow me as the GM to allow it or the player to load them themselves. Has the policy changed that the GM has to have the content or way to fix it.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2018, 00:16
Can you see those two products in your module activation window once the player has joined your campaign? Close and open the module activation window after the player has joined - you should then be able to allow access as your list is updated when the player joins.

LordEntrails
February 26th, 2018, 00:23
Note that only that player, not you or other players, will be able to access the content after you allow it following Trenloe's instructions.

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 00:24
nope did not work. it worked before today and now he cant use his own content at all

Trenloe
February 26th, 2018, 00:30
nope did not work. it worked before today and now he cant use his own content at all
So - you're saying they can't see it at all - even in their own campaign? i.e. ask them to check in a campaign running in their own computer if they can see the modules.

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 00:37
They can see on their campaign and someone else's. They can load up and see thier content but no on mine. it doesn't give me the option to load their content at all.

LordEntrails
February 26th, 2018, 00:47
Did you make sure that your campaign is using the ruleset that the content is valid for? If I'm right, those modules will only show up in a campaign using the PFRPG ruleset. If your campaign is 3.5, CoreRPG or anything else, it won't work.

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 00:50
I'm using pathfinder Ruleset and I might need to reinstall fantasy grounds. See if that works

damned
February 26th, 2018, 01:15
Have the payer delete the cache for that campaign.

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 05:35
I think playing the players cache did the trick. Still going to reinstall to be safe though. I've appreciate the feedback and quick response. Hoping it won't be a recurring problem. I hypothesize the community made modules may be part of the problem that could. The community made ones are extremely helpful and hope to see some new ones soon.

Ps
Hope the unity version comes out this year. Development in unity is a pain in the butt when the engines update causes all your code to be broken or certain packages from the unity store don't quickly updates as often. I wish the best of luck and watch fg go the the next level.

JohnD
February 26th, 2018, 21:24
I can't see how you reinstalling would make a difference here.

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 22:10
he cleared his cache and still no available option to let me load his books

belkasro
February 26th, 2018, 22:39
Ive done all that has been said here. Player cleared his cache. Player joins my campaign. let him be on 10 minutes. Still no sign of the players content

ddavison
February 26th, 2018, 23:38
When you say that the player doesn't see it, what does the player see on their Library > Modules screen when they join your campaign? Is it not showing up for activation there at all or only when they load their own local campaign?

damned
February 26th, 2018, 23:42
Hi belkarso there may be a 5e bug that is affecting some people at this time.
I saw something about this a couple of weeks ago affecting 5e content.
I think I might have seen the bug myself while doing some connection testing for someone...
Im just trying to find the thread...

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 00:21
That bug was due to the module ibcluding an incorrect file type and involved the 5e PHB.

damned
February 27th, 2018, 00:29
That bug was due to the module ibcluding an incorrect file type and involved the 5e PHB.

Thanks Zacc no chance other products might have the same error?

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 00:36
I’ve pointed out the thread to those that can check, and no doubt word will come back soon.

belkasro
February 27th, 2018, 04:12
well wish this was a 5e problem lol. This be the pazio material issue. will this be a similar fix and how do i fix it

JohnD
February 27th, 2018, 04:16
Is he trying to open the books on his end? IIRC the DM doesn't get the notification unless the player tries to access their own DLC that the DM doesn't have.

belkasro
February 27th, 2018, 05:01
found out if i dont own the books he cant use them sorry for the rant their guys. never see the easy answers and much as the complicated first

Zacchaeus
February 27th, 2018, 10:36
found out if i dont own the books he cant use them sorry for the rant their guys. never see the easy answers and much as the complicated first

No this isn't the case. If a player owns a module which the DM does not own then the player can request that they be able to use that resource in the game. The player will open his data module activation screen and they will load or attempt to load the module that they own. The DM will get a message in chat to say that player X is asking permission to open module Y. The DM should then go into his data module activation window and he should see the module listed in his list of modules even if he does not own the module. The DM can then open the module. The player then goes back into his module activation and can open the module.

From what you are saying the player in this case does not see his own modules in his data activation screen when connected to you. That is, the process is failing at the first step in that the player cannot click on the module load button and so you don't get the prompt that the player wants to use the module and thus you cannot give him permission to do so.

Can you confirm that is the case and can you also just for clarity give the full names of the modules the player wants to open and confirm which ruleset you are using.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2018, 13:42
No this isn't the case. If a player owns a module which the DM does not own then the player can request that they be able to use that resource in the game. The player will open his data module activation screen and they will load or attempt to load the module that they own. The DM will get a message in chat to say that player X is asking permission to open module Y. The DM should then go into his data module activation window and he should see the module listed in his list of modules even if he does not own the module. The DM can then open the module. The player then goes back into his module activation and can open the module.

From what you are saying the player in this case does not see his own modules in his data activation screen when connected to you. That is, the process is failing at the first step in that the player cannot click on the module load button and so you don't get the prompt that the player wants to use the module and thus you cannot give him permission to do so.
This process is no longer the way it works. It recently changed.

When a player joins a GMs game the list of their non-GM only modules installed locally will be sent to the GMs side of FG. Any modules the GM doesn't own will be added to the GMs module activation screen - so the GM can allow access for those who have the module. The modules the GM allows access to will appear on the player side Module Activation screen (if the player has the module) to allow them to open the module.

So - the steps would be:
1) The player double-confirms they can see these modules in a campaign they open on their own computer.
2) The modules be double-checked that they aren't GM only - have the data within the module stored in a db.xml file. SmiteWorks can check this.

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2018, 21:45
Can you please provide the user name of the player, the user name of the GM, and the modules that aren’t showing up?

Can the player verify that they can see these modules when they Create Campaign from the launch screen? (If Cretae Campaign not available, please note that most DLC requires an active license to access, not a demo version. )

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 3rd, 2018, 15:21
It looks like these books may have been flagged differently than usual. I'm checking with the devs... (JPG - I've sent an email about this).

Trenloe
March 5th, 2018, 17:57
I've been told the required changes will be made with the Tuesday data update.