PDA

View Full Version : Multi Attacks with Attack Bonus

kberg100
February 25th, 2018, 23:37
Is there a way to have FG roll both attacks but not apply the bonus to the second attack? Such as a Rogue with two attacks.
As GM should I just create a modifier for this and apply it to the second roll?
I saw a post regarding this question and the answer was to change the #ATT to 2 but I believe that was for Pathfinder, and I don't see that option in the 5e rule set.

Thanks in advance!

LordEntrails
February 26th, 2018, 00:27
No way I know of in 5E to have FG make multiple attacks with one command. If the second attack has a different bonus, then I tell my players to make a second action that has the second attack bonus. You can also make an effect that applies a bonus that expires on next roll so it applies applies once, but that ripe for human error.

kberg100
February 26th, 2018, 00:32
No way I know of in 5E to have FG make multiple attacks with one command. If the second attack has a different bonus, then I tell my players to make a second action that has the second attack bonus. You can also make an effect that applies a bonus that expires on next roll so it applies applies once, but that ripe for human error.

Thanks for the response Lord. I will have them roll a separate attack without the bonus. While I do like the effect idea, as you say I can see problems with that during gameplay.

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2018, 00:34
If you have attacks with different bonuses such as an off hand attack that doesn’t add the strength bonus to damage then create an attack line for each attack.

kberg100
February 26th, 2018, 00:38
If you have attacks with different bonuses such as an off hand attack that doesn’t add the strength bonus to damage then create an attack line for each attack.

Not sure where to do that.
When I view the Shortsword for example I cannot add another attack line, but I can add another damage line. The lack of bonus applies to the attack roll.

kberg100
February 26th, 2018, 00:46
Think I found it. Right click and create item. Is this correct?
Thanks for your help!

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2018, 00:50
Yes. Or click the brown button at the bottom and the on the sword icon. Or create a new weapon called short sword (off hand) and drag it into the player’s inventory.

LordEntrails
February 26th, 2018, 00:52
Yes, just create another action/item called Shortsword-Offhand or such. It won't be linked to an item in the inventory, but that's not a problem.

kberg100
February 26th, 2018, 00:53
Got it! Thanks all! Great help!

lostsanityreturned
February 26th, 2018, 18:29
Got it! Thanks all! Great help!

I have players that like varying their weapons and so I gave them a simple effect.

If either their dex/str value is in the positive I will give them an ability (power) with the following effect or effects attached.

Offhand - Dex; DMG: [-DEX]
I then set it to apply to "self" and be consumed on "next action"

The same with Strength but replacing dex with str in a separate effect.

This means that whenever they need to make an offhand damage roll they can just click the effect before rolling :)

Just remember that if an offhand weapon uses a stat that is at 0 or negative modifier already there is no further penalty and they don't need an effect for that stat.
eg. a fighter has 8 dex, they do not need a dex offhand effect.

Here is an image of how it looks in program, I could have combined both into one action "offhand" but the player is new to the concept and speed of play comes before neatness.

kberg100
February 26th, 2018, 22:47
Thnaks much for that info! Looks like I have a couple of options for this.