PDA

View Full Version : Numenera: Adding abilities/descriptors/etc

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 04:24
Hey there! I understand that publishing a module of abilities or other content from the setting would not be allowed but how about an extension to allow GMs to input that data themselves? Perhaps with homebrew abilties, etc? I'm just thinking along the line of empty library entries for these things so that I can populate it with my own homebrew setting content. Is that okay?

damned
February 24th, 2018, 04:31
Hey there! I understand that publishing a module of abilities or other content from the setting would not be allowed but how about an extension to allow GMs to input that data themselves? Perhaps with homebrew abilties, etc? I'm just thinking along the line of empty library entries for these things so that I can populate it with my own homebrew setting content. Is that okay?

Yes should be 100% fine.

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 04:34
Oh good! Do you know about publishing a module of homebrew data that follows the ruleset but isn't included in the books? Perhaps some generic scifi/fantasy/superhero data to help GMs get rolling?

damned
February 24th, 2018, 04:36
Oh good! Do you know about publishing a module of homebrew data that follows the ruleset but isn't included in the books? Perhaps some generic scifi/fantasy/superhero data to help GMs get rolling?

If it doesnt come from the rulebook or a straight copy from any other copyright material then you can.

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 04:41
Thanks a lot for the info!

Blahness98
February 24th, 2018, 19:56
That is what I did when I created my modules for the Cypher system. I can't share anything because Monte Cook Games hasn't given me permission to do so.

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 23:21
Blahness98 - You weren't able to share your homebrew modules? Or the data you copied from the CS corebook? Man I wish we had a fully featured cypher system ruleset that could be applied to numenera, the strange, etc.. I'm toying around with adding in the features I'd like to see in one but I haven't messed with FG much before and still piecing it all together. =)

Trenloe
February 24th, 2018, 23:31
Blahness98 - You weren't able to share your homebrew modules? Or the data you copied from the CS corebook?
It's copyright protected material. So no, it can't be legally shared.

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 23:42
It's copyright protected material. So no, it can't be legally shared.

Yeah I knew that about the CS material I just misunderstood and thought he meant he couldn't share the homebrew stuff he created. =)

csbailey1984
February 24th, 2018, 23:46
That is what I did when I created my modules for the Cypher system. I can't share anything because Monte Cook Games hasn't given me permission to do so.

Did you by chance create an extension for the numenera ruleset when you added in abilities? I'm still trying to figure it out and would hate to reinvent the wheel. ;)

Blahness98
February 25th, 2018, 03:09
I did not create any extensions. I only did modules from the Cypher System Rule Book, Predation, and The Strange. I didn't make anything homebrew as I didn't have time to run anything. It is just sitting there, languishing on my hard drive.

trobadork
March 15th, 2018, 18:21
Hi !
Is there a "typical module" with no record but the structure of the different class (mainly attacks and powers) ?

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2018, 20:57
No, further development on Numenera ruleset would be required to build and store the record types needed to create modules.

Since SmiteWorks has not been able to secure an official license of the material to make official modules available, it is unlikely that we would prioritize this over other things on our plate.

This would have to be taken up as a community developer project, if anyone is interested.

Regards,
JPG