PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to purchase in order to join a starfinder game?

AlanCole
February 23rd, 2018, 21:53
So I've looked around and I don't believe this has been answered anywhere. I'm very new to virtural table-top systems and I am trying to determine which one will be the best fit. I read on the homepage of FantasyGrounds site that to join an "ultimate" hosted game, you can do that for free. Is this the case to join an "ultimate" hosted "StarFinder" game or is this in relation to the base module that come with the program? Or does every player have to purchase the StarFinder module?

On one hand, it seems like the GM or host would purchase the ultimate subscription and purchase the StarFinder rules module in order to create the campaign. And then the players could, either using the demo license or standard license, then connect to the ultimate hosted campaign and play.

Or do *All the player have to purchase at least the standard license AND the StarFinder rules module in order to connect to the ultimate hosted campaign?

Any help in clearing this up for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2018, 21:58
Hi Alan, welcome to FG.

If the DM has an Ultimate license then they can host any other type of license holder including demo users. If the host has a Standard license then you will need a Standard license too.

As a player you have no need to purchase any content since the DM will share any material with you in order for you to create a character. Only the DM needs to buy the ruleset.

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2018, 21:59
Welcome to the forums.

If you find a GM running a Starfinder game with an Ultimate FG license then you don’t need to buy anything. Install the free FG demo and join their game.

If the GM has a standard license then you will need a standard license as well.

That’s it.

AlanCole
February 23rd, 2018, 22:37
Thank you - this makes things much easier (trying to convince everyone in the group to buy a standard license + the Starfinder module was NOT working).

Laerun
February 23rd, 2018, 23:15
Also, Alan, we are starting up a teaching/leaning Starfinder group in FG College. Let me know if you are interested...?

damned
February 23rd, 2018, 23:18
Hey AlanCole if you are forming a new group try to go down the route of all the players buying their own Standard license and that lightens the load on the GMs pocket :)

AlanCole
February 23rd, 2018, 23:35
Also, Alan, we are starting up a teaching/leaning Starfinder group in FG College. Let me know if you are interested...?

Thanks for that info - I will definitely check it out and pass on the info to our GM. He may be very interested in getting into some classes.

TriOpticon
February 24th, 2018, 02:06
Also, Alan, we are starting up a teaching/leaning Starfinder group in FG College. Let me know if you are interested...?Not to hijack this thread but I would be interested in Starfinder classes (player and GM content)

Mithtaken
February 25th, 2018, 03:01
I am the GM that will be hosting Alan’s Game and he refered me to this link. I am very interested in the FG Starfinder classes.

Thanks,

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2018, 10:48
Not to hijack this thread but I would be interested in Starfinder classes (player and GM content)

I am the GM that will be hosting Alan’s Game and he refered me to this link. I am very interested in the FG Starfinder classes.

Thanks,

You'll find a link to the College Discord channel here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!).